Chapter 24 - New Enemies

Once Beca's Mum had left, she sent a message to the group chat.

Amy's Bitches

Mitchell (16:52) – You can come round, Mum's decided after that, that she's going to the office. Check with your folks first, but Mum's said you can stay over as she doesn't know what time she's gonna get back. Bring something if you want to chill in the hot tub. Also, just bring whatever you want, if you can't stay, at least let's just get high or drunk or both.

Junk (16:53) – I can't tonight, I'm out having dinner. Hope you're ok, though?

Conrad (16:54) – Mine don't care, are you ok?

Beale (16:59) – We're all staying, can I borrow some clothes? No one's home yet and I forgot my keys.

Fat Amy (17:04) – We've just left, on our way, be there in 5, BM!

Mitchell (17:08) – Door's open, just come in

As soon as the girls walked in, they all looked at Beca and could clearly see that she's been crying.

"How was it?" Chloe gave Beca a peck.

"She didn't say much, apart from that she's got to go to the office. She said she wasn't angry, but she just rushed off out basically"

"Wanna go out back and smoke this?"

"Holy shit, Conrad, how fat is that?"

"It's fat, but it's long, come on, let's just get high"

"Alright, let's go in the back, don't think my Police Officer of a Mum would want to come in smelling weed. Do you want a drink?"

"Vodka and Coke, Shawshank"

"Same"

"Yep"

"Alright, Chlo, can you give me a hand"

"We'll head into the hot tub"

"You ok, babe?"

"I have no idea how to answer that. I didn't expect Mum to run off at all, I thought we'd just sit there in silence, not her run off to the office"

"What did she say?"

"Just that she knew that road had CCTV so she's looking into the files. She still loved him, sorry, she still loves him. He fucked up our family, yet there she goes, trying to find out the truth what happened to him. Like, does that make sense to you?"

"It makes sense to me, she clearly cares and wants to find out what happened. I don't blame her"

"COME ON BLOE" Amy shouted.

"Bloe?" They said in unison, looking confused.

"Amy, what the fuck is a Bloe?" Beca asked.

"Bloe, Beca and Chloe, together you're Bloe, everybody loves a good Bloe"

Chloe laughed at that, but Beca looked more confused.

"I don't even want to ask how you came up with that, come on, let's just get high"

"As much as I love this, Legs, I don't want a hangover or want to feel rough, we do have school tomorrow"

*PING*

Mum (17:23) – In the office, sorry to run off. There are so many files, I want to go through everything thoroughly, it'll be a late one. Love you, Beca. X

Beca (17:27) – OK, let me know when you're on your way back, we'll probably still be awake. Love you too, Mum.

"That your Mum, Mitch?"