Chapter 17 - Problems

What did Beca mean it was all Miss Posen's fault? That was all that Chloe could think about whilst they were at the hospital. Beca broke her hand punching the wall. It was only Chloe and Beca as Beca's mum couldn't leave work until a bit later on, so she said she'd pick them up when they message.

They'd just come back from an x-ray and now needed to wait so that Beca could get a plaster on her hand before they could go. It was a long wait and they'd already been there for a couple of hours but luckily Mr. Harris had said not to come back today as he drove them to the hospital and knew that they'd be there for hours.

"Hey, Beca" Chloe put her hand on Beca's knee.

"Yeah?"

"What did you mean by it was all Miss Posen's fault?"

"Not to be mean Chlo, but there's a time and place for that and a hospital is neither of those. I'm going to say the same I told Mum, I'm not ready to talk about it yet"

"We're all worried about you, babe"

"Please don't, I'll be fine"

"I'm sorry Bec, but clearly not, and you've broken your hand"

"Chloe, please, I'm in a lot of pain, I can't deal with this right now. I'll tell you soon, just not now"

"I'm worried Beca, I thought – I thought that when you were punching the wall, I was trying to get you away and I thought were going to swing for me too"

Beca looked at Chloe for the first time since they left school. She saw how bloodshot her eyes were. Beca was so much in her own mind thinking about everything and replaying what happened that she hadn't once looked at Chloe or even known she was crying. She felt so useless.

"Chlo, I would never hurt you. I can't imagine loosing you"

"But, Becs, pushing me away isn't going to help either. You need to talk to someone about this, you can't fight whatever this is on your own. I've never known you to lash out let alone capable of punching a wall so hard. Just please promise me you'll talk to someone"

"I can't Chlo, I can't even talk to my mum about what I know, let alone telling someone else. It's messed me up, I can't imagine Mum being like that too"

"Ok, can you talk to me? I care about you"

"Don't you get it Chlo, I can't"

"Becs I'm so fucking worried about you"

"No offence Chlo, if that's all you're going to say, please just go"

"What do you mean"

I just can't do this Chlo and you're not letting it go"

"How can I let it go, your hand is broken because of something, of course I'm worried"

"I've asked you to just leave it out and you're not, can you just leave me alone, I can't talk about it right now"

"Becs please don't push me away"

Beca started to cry.

"Please, just go Chloe, I'll talk to you later. I can't do this right now"

Chloe went cold, she was so scared.

"What do you mean, talking or us?"

"I don't know"

"What do you mean you don't know"

Beca started to raise her voice now. "I've told you already quite a few times to fucking drop it, you're not dropping it. I DON'T want to talk about it right now and I don't know what is so difficult to understand. So just go. I'll talk to you later"

"Please Beca, please"

"No, Chlo, I'm in a lot of pain, so can you just back off and leave me alone"

"I give up, you just can't stand the fact that people are here trying to help you and that people here actually care about you"

"No, everyone just wants to talk shit behind my back, all the teachers want me to fail, so I'm helping them fail me, they're always emailing and talking about me, and you fucking help them"

"That is not true at all, we all CARE about you and they can see you're struggling. They ask me because I'm YOUR girlfriend and want to know what's happening"

"Yeah? Well not anymore"

"Beca please, ok I'm sorry, I'll drop it"

"Can you just go? I need time to think and you being here isn't helping"

"Don't you dare, don't you fucking dare push me away"

"You did that yourself, I told you to drop it and you didn't. I told you I wasn't ready to talk about it and yet you still fucking pushed me, so yeah right now I am pushing you away"

Chloe tried and tried to talk to Beca but after an argument and getting looks, Chloe knew Beca wasn't going to back out so in the end left and said to message her when Beca had left. Once Chloe had gone Beca got her phone out to text her mum.

Beca (13:48) - Mum, Chloe's gone, I'm still waiting for a cast on my hand.

Mum (13:52) – What do you mean gone? I thought she was staying with you?

Beca (13:54) – We got in an argument and I think we've broken up.

Mum (13:58) – Oh Beca, ok, I'll see if I can get out earlier and come sit with you if you want?

Beca (14:04) – Mum, you don't have to, I could do with the quiet anyway, I'll just message you when I'm nearly done.

Mum (14:09) – Beca are you sure? I don't mind x

Beca (14:11) – Yeah, I'd rather just be on my own at the moment, I'll call when I'm out.

Beca (14:12) – I'm sorry Mum x

It was just gone half 3 and Beca had just got out of the hospital and was on her way home. She had a couple of messages from Chloe, as well as the group chat with the girls, but she ignored them as she didn't want to talk.