Chapter 21 - Results

After Beca and Mr. Harris had spoken, she was spending her English classes in his office and only went to Miss Posen's lessons to get work. Mr. Harris waited outside while Beca went inside to get her work and there were no altercations, in fact, Miss Posen was surprisingly being nice. Beca suspected she knew that she was being followed by Mr. Harris.

Beca was on her way to English with Chloe, not to get work, but to sit in the lesson and do an essay. It had been two weeks since she was last in a lesson and she wasn't sure how she was feeling, yes, she was a confident smart mouth, but she just couldn't work out how she felt. In a way she felt ok about it because she knew there would be no talking so there'd be no reason for Miss. Posen to even talk to her, but she was worried, she'd worked so hard to prove that she could actually pass. It was an essay of Mice and Men, and Beca quite enjoyed the book and did practice questions and Mr. Harris was impressed with her answers, so there was no need to worry, but she still worked hard.

"How are you feeling, babe?" Chloe asked Beca as they stopped outside Miss. Posen's class.

"I actually don't know, but at least we won't be talking, I just wish I could have my headphones in, but oh well"

"You'll be fine, I haven't done near as much preparing for this like you have"

"Yeah, I just want to prove that I'm not lying, I don't know I feel like maybe some people might think that. I mean come on, who would believe that a teacher could intentionally fail a student, but she did and kept doing it"

"No one thinks that, babe. They all want to help" Chloe kissed her cheek. "Has Harris spoken to your old school yet?"

"Yeah, they've arranged a call but that's not until the end of the week, so I just have to wait. He looked at some of my books between Posen's lessons and Jefferson's classes and can see there's a difference in grades, but I don't know, I guess we'll find out after this"

"Right, come on in, look at the desks for your name and then sit down and I'll go through it all"

Miss. Posen tried to smile at Beca, but it just wasn't happening, Beca just kept her head down.

"Are you going to be a problem today, Miss. Mitchell?"

Beca just shook her head, she didn't want to talk to her, as much as she'd love to give a comment, she said she'd keep her head down.

"Not talking, are we?"

She ignored her and found her name at the desk. She was sat right at the front by the window, at least if she finished before the end, she could sit there and stare out the window.

"On the desk, you have an exam paper, just write your name at the top and inside is one question, you have to write at least 500 words. You have one hour, please use black pen, any problems just put your hand up, if you're done before the end, feel free the put your head on your head and sit quietly. People with extra time, your teachers have been aware you could be late. The time is now 11:55 you have 45 minutes, extra time people get 55 minutes. You may begin."

--------------------------------------

Miss. Posen just sat behind her desk keeping an eye on the class. The time was now 12:30 and a couple of people had finished so she stood up and went to double check people were happy with what they had written before taking them off their desks.

Beca had her head on the table facing the window just watching the world go by. She finished a little while ago but just kept her head down. She hadn't seen Miss. Posen moving around until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"You done, Mitchell?" She whispered.

Beca just nodded.

"Written down all you can think of? Checked it over and made sure it makes sense? Have you double checked for any grammar mistakes? Checked for spelling mistakes?"