Chapter 2

Gabby
I silenced the agent, I did not take kindly to people calling me my mother. "Please call me Gabby. Mrs. Powell is my mom." I smiled, the one who was called agent Reeves smiled slightly. I looked around to see if I could speak with Anaiya but she was nowhere to be found. I frowned as it seemed like she really didn't wish to see us so I sighed. "Don't worry about her." The voice surprised me. I looked up to see agent Fellis who was smiling, he must have noticed my disappointment. "You're not wrong about her being kind but she takes her job rather seriously these days especially after..." He stopped and kind of frowned then shook his head. "What?" I was curious as to what he was gonna say but he just smiled and shook his head again. "It's not my business and I'm sure one day she'll talk about it but she keeps her life very private so it's not my place to share." I nodded knowing that she did like her privacy sometimes. I perked up as I noticed her coming back down the hall with some papers. I went to open my mouth to speak but she stopped me and pulled agent Fellis far enough away so I couldn't hear their conversation.
She then whispered something causing agent Reeves to take on a most serious expression and handed him the files. "Of course, I'll do my best." She then quickly left without another word. "So Gabby, I should formally introduce myself since you will partially be under my care. I'm agent Fellis but you can call me Eli." He turned and faced me, still serious but a small smile still made its presence on his face. I nodded and looked back at Johnny who was quietly standing behind me with his hand placed on the handle of his sword, he was also dressed comfortably but I knew he'd never let go of that thing. "I'm afraid we'll have to get going now, Anaiya is already on her way to the house to prepare everything for you guys. Plus we need to beat the morning work traffic so let's get going and Anayia will explain everything when we get there." He then made a typing motion on his watch. I nodded in agreement, then took a step and looked down watching the agent work on his watch. Eli places his arm back at his side giving Johnny a quick smile before leading us down the hall to the back doors, Johnny stayed close to me and watched closely as we passed other agents.

Johnny
I took a look at what this agent was doing on his watch. By the looks of it he was ordering food and scheduling some other stuff for us that would seem to keep us busy, probably so we wouldn't be so bored. He starts speed walking to the back end of the lobby, I watch the other agents we passed that were either interrogating people, testing out gadgets and working on computers. I stayed close to Gabby being cautious of the other agents who were just standing around talking or heading to different areas of the building.  We then headed through the back door where a black SUV with tinted windows was waiting for us.. I gripped my sword tighter. 'What's with these agents?'  I didn't feel comfortable around any of the workers, especially that agent Holman, she seemed a bit suspicious but maybe it was just because she was very serious. I guess I was making a very worried, perplexed expression because Gabby's hand rested on the hand that I had resting on my sword.
I looked at her as she smiled up at me. I slightly smiled and loosened my grip on the handle of my sword trying to relax a little. I helped her into the car and then climbed in behind her. Agent Fellis closed the door behind us, he seemed just as suspicious because of how jittery he was but I paid no mind. I settled into my seat, agent Fellis turned to face us. "Well if we're going to protect the both of you, we have to change your looks. That's why we're going to Anaiya's so you guys have a place to stay, she's the only one with a high-tech security." He turned back around as the driver took off towards a much more rural area. 'Who was this Anaiya and could we trust her? Gabby certainly seemed to...' I looked at Gabby, she was looking out the window smiling. After what felt like half an hour the driver stopped in front of the house and unlocked the door. She had the biggest house in the neighborhood.
As we headed inside the car drove off with agent Eli still inside. I closed the door behind Gabby's and suddenly it locked along with all the windows. I started to panic and tried opening the doors when I failed I pulled out my sword and aimed for the knob. "WOAH! Let's relax now, it's just my security system." I turned to see a woman with short, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She was wearing a pair of denim jeans, what looked like a red flannel, small earrings and red heels that matched her shirt. "Sorry if I scared you, I had agent Fellis bring you here so you'd be safer. I'm Anaiya but you would know me as agent Holman." She headed down the steps toward us which winded around a shelf to lead into the kitchen.