Chapter 18- An Egg-citing Breakfast Buffet

(Name)'s POV

And... it's done!

I stepped back to admire my work and wiped away the bit of sweat that had conjured itself on my forehead. Making the recipe didn't take that long initially, but I ended up spending a few hours revising it to fit Tōtsuki's standards. Now, after hours of work, I was finally done and I looked at the clock on the wall to check the time.

'1:14'

Seems like I've got a few hours to sleep!

Quickly cleaning up my station, I returned the leftover ingredients to the storage and made my way back to my room. If I hurried and got to bed now, I could probably get, what? Four hours of sleep?

...I'll take what I can get, I shrugged.

I waved to my friends as I walked by their stations and they returned it with their own exhausted and defeated waves. Not wanting to interrupt their precious work time, I kept walking with my mind focused on the big, warm, soft bed the luxurious hotel provided.

"Done!"

I was then steered off track by a familiar Italian shout.

"This is the breakfast that's a culmination of the Aldinis' expertise...

"Just you wait, Yukihira! Wait till you see my ultimate dish!"

"Just go to sleep if you're done, Bro..."

I walked over to where the Aldini twins were working, the more-exuberant one practically sparkling over his dish, his arms spread out in display.

"So, how're your dishes coming along?" I asked, leaning against the counter.

"I'm assuming you made something worthy of crushing Soma-kun?" I said, putting emphasis on the word 'crushing'.

Half-expecting the boy to shout at me to leave, I was taken by surprise as he launched into a dramatic explanation of his dish.

"Why of course! With this finely-crafted Italian egg dish, I whipped up some special dressing and tossed it together in a bowl of--!"

"-Hey, don't just spill all your Italian secrets like that!" I waved my hand, effectively shutting him up. His eyes widened in realization at what he had been about to do and his face pinkened slightly.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you made an amazing dish—though I'm not sure it'll be enough to top whatever Soma-kun has planned," I shrugged slightly before continuing, "but who knows? Perhaps your dish will just blow us all away!"

"Are you doubting my abilities? I'll destroy Yukihira tomorrow with my dish, just watch!" He declared boldly, clenching his fist as fire burned in his eyes.

"We'll just have to see then," I pushed myself off of the counter and bid goodbye to the two teens.

"Good luck on your dish, Isami-san! As for you, Takumi-san, I'm certainly egg-cited to see what you have in store for tomorrow!"

I began making my way down the aisle and waved farewell over my shoulder at the two. "'Later!"

*~*~*~*

"Did she just say... egg-cited?"

The two twins watched as (Name)'s form exited the room, waving lazily over her shoulder at them. She was a weird one–that they were certain of–and her confidence could sometimes even come off as cheeky at times.

But they couldn't deny that her friendliness was somewhat contagious, and her odd jokes and puns even caused them to laugh a little.

"Isami, your eggs are burning!"