Chapter 3

Light streamed through the window. The prison was dark and the only source of light was the small window on the wall . I tried to sit up straight but my head was spinning and I fell back on the old bunk bed. I groaned in pain. My vision was blurry and nothing clearly visible to me. I tried -Keyword tried to sit and reach for Celia but I was so weak and helpless. It was like I was paralyzed unable to move, Unable to speak. Then I closed my eyes.

"Eleanor -Eleanor- Ellie opens your eyes "someone was shaking me."Let me sleep I am tired and my head hurts "I muttered. I turned away from the source." Eleanor please we have to leave .Please Ellie get up" It was Celia but she was on the verge of breaking down. Then the memories of the previous day came rushing back all at ones. I opened my eyes and quickly sat upright. The movement was so fast that my head was spinning. I fell from the bed and hit my head on the floor. Then I quickly scrambled to my feet and looked around the prison for any possible way of escape but sadly I found none. "Where are father and Caleb?" I questioned Celia.

"I don't know they separated you and me and took them to the other cell. I am scared Ellie .Do you think dad and Caleb are alright?''I don't know kiddo I said patting her back. She put her face in her hands and sobbed." Ellie please doesn't leave me- I-I am scared what if they come for us. "She said hugging me tightly. She was shaking like a leaf in fear. She looked so frail and weak. My heart ached for my sister and all the other innocent people who were dragged into this war and they were suffering till now .If you will think that I feared for my life or I was scared for myself well honestly I wasn't . I was scared for all the girls, my family and all the rebels who were like my family. How not long ago we all were together and if not happy -at least content with the presence of each other in our life. Now my heart cried for all the life lost who had bright futures ahead of them. It's weird and looks so unrealistic how moments ago these people were alive and planning to do something or go somewhere. How moments ago they were alive and breathing. They were happily planning their futures, the futures that were lost too soon.

Flashback

There are different time periods and some different people who were killed in the war.

"So you are travelling to the states. SAD! ". I signed dramatically. 'What? You aren't happy with me travelling to see Lena. You evil best friend. Don't show me those puppy eyes of yours it won't work on me you drama queen because nothing and no one can come between me and my girlfriend" He said poking his tongue at me and spreading his arms dramatically. How mature right? Don't worry I think the same about him often he is very childish. But he is my best friend and I love him for that. "I am going to miss you - You are going for a long time and I know you are going to forget me."

"Hey come here" and then he hugged me as I cried in his arms. He was like a brother to me I have known him since I was 8. I was going to miss his dramas and cooking too. HE is a wonderful chef and in the middle of the night it was common for me to disturb his sleep for the sake of food. He was gem of a person. Always smiling and making people laugh. Such softie and kind person he never hurt other people feelings and even when I called him in the middle of night he always came to listen to my rants or to make food for me. I was lucky to have him in my life. But he never made it to the states. He laid his life in the battlefield for the good cause.

" Yo girly" .Liam threw his arms around me . I gave him one of my most bad ass glares. He quickly distanced himself from me. I knew I was a total bad ass and I can be scary whenever I want. I wasn't a big fan of Liam I hated him because we dated for sometime in high school until he went ahead and cheated on me. ''Stay away from me otherwise" I warned him. I hated him but I never wished him dead and now he was dead like many others.

It was first day of my training I was nervous. I stood in line "Hey "someone whispered. I turned to see a guy beside me in another line."Nervous" he asked. ''Yeah! It's my first day at the training and I don't get it what they are practicing."Watch me and learn" he taught me the basics of fighting. I and Adil became fast friends. He helped me and whenever I needed advice he was there. There were times when we went to other places to fight. People said that I and Adil were un defeatable together. But sadly in his last war we fought alone. So many people who were close to me were lost forever and I don't know how many more are going to be killed now. Because NOW we are in the clutches of the beast. I knew that the people who rebelled against the werewolves were captured, tortured and then publicly hanged and our destiny wasn't going to be different then another other rebel.

Just then the door to the prison opened. I stood in protective stance. Shielding my sister from their views . There were four men standing in front of us all dressed in black uniform. "Come" one of them barked at us with so much venom in his voice. When I and Celia made no attempt to move three of the men marched towards us. I quickly held my sister in my arms, trying to hide her. . She clutched onto my waist with as much force as she could muster. The mutts tried to separate us but I won't let go even if I have to die. Finally they were able to do so. Two of the men held me as I kicked and screamed on top of my lungs.

"Ellie! Ellie. Ellie help.... No let me go - let me go "she was screaming trying to reach for me. More guards have to be brought to drag us apart. Then we were dragged to somewhere like prisoners. My arms were forced behind my head and handcuffed. "This one is a real tigress."One guard said to other sending me a warning glare."Yeah they said it wasn't easy to capture this one. So it won't be that easy to control her later too . Let's see if the Alpha king plan to send her back to the prison for execution or she is going to be some werewolf whore. I looked at him in disgust. They were acting like I wasn't here.

"Hey assholes I am totally kicking your asses ones I get out of this fucking place "I tried to grab their attention. They totally ignored me."Rude much" I thought. We were dragged from this dark and sinister place to a hallway that was lit with candles. My head was spinning again and my feet were literally on fire due to all the dragging. I was so tired. I have no strength to walk. Every moment was a lifetime struggle. Then we were taken to a room. So many girls were here and I could tell they all were humans. I knew they were brought here to be sold and we both were brought here for the same purpose. The girls were truly scared .They were crying I felt bad for them .Now I was truly scared for what the destiny awaited us.