Chapter 14

Not edited : 

Almost more than a week has passed by I felt more like a prisoner in this castle.  I wasn't allowed to walk freely in this castle army of bodyguards always surrounded me . Many parts of this castle were forbidden for me I couldn't go anywhere without  Zane permission.  He or his guards always followed me around in order to make sure I was safe within these walls which was very annoying I was tired of him acting like lovesick puppy . We always ate together on a grand table in the hall the table was always laden with food  and we were the only two people in the room . His eyes would be on me the whole time .

Often he was the one who will try to make conversations either I choosed to stay quite as I possibly could or try to give my answers in short statements . I won't deny there was no attraction between us Indeed there was but I never tried to go that way because I know when it comes to wolves they are possessive and don't miss there chance to show there other half their feelings besides one thing was clear to me I wasn't staying here for a very long period of time and I didn't want to pretend or take wrong steps . But the reality was that what if during my pretending I fall in love that might be problematic for me I wanted to keep my head clear until  the right time comes .

Right now I was in my room as I sat by the window and watched the snowflakes falling from the sky . Everything was white covered in snow white blanket . I signed and closed my eyes . My days were often spent here alone in this grand room as I waited for my mate who was busy in a meetings.  Apparently there was some problems with the vampires Zane looked tensed these days he rarely spoke infront of me about the matter but I guess evedropping on the soldiers gave me little into the matter . But the bigger picture was still unclear to me I don't know what was the cause of the feud between the werewolves and vampires.  Because last time when I was a free human both creatures were working together and now in just small time span both has turned against each other. 

Someone opened the door I opened my eyes and turned to look at my mate who stood there all in his glory . His hairs were messy  , his tie and top two buttons of black shirt undone . The tight black tuxedo sticking to his powerful chest . His eyes looked tired for ones and there was bags under them I felt bad for him . He was forever running around plotting and planning for the upcoming wars or the matters . Or spending most of his nights in his office looking over the disputes and trying to serve justice to his people.  I couldn't deny the facts that he was a good leader to his kind to the werewolves.  He was forever trying to eliminate any kind of dangers to his kind . I overhead some soldiers talking that the vampires have started attacking female werewolves specially targeting the pregnant she wolves or the one with mates . Which was distributing because male wolf go crazy if the female wolf die .

He sat besides me and pulled me on  his lap carefully  . I squealed but didn't resist because  right now he and his wolf needed me the most . I put my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist more tightly almost in protective stance which was surprising for me . He wrapped his arms around me in a loving embrace and kissed the top of my head.  His wolf purred in content and I almost had the urge to kiss the cheek of the over grown male wolf  I blushed at the thought. 

I always had this urge to take care of him when he was tired , to show him love when he was down and to make him smile or laugh when he was upset but how can I easily forgive him and accept him for who he was ? The memories of my brother and father rotting in jail were still vivid to me how could I forget those painful memories and accept their tormentor ? My friends,  family and my kind who suffered never let me forgive my mate for what he has done to them .

I wanted for them to get justice and I will make sure each and every one of them get the justice they deserve. He loved me I could see it in his eyes . He loved me more than anything in this world . The way he was awestruck whenever he saw me , the way he stopped breathing whenever I sat near  him , the expensive gifts , jewelry  , designer dresses and crowns his one way to make me happy but he had to understand seeing my father and brother free would make me truly happy.  Seeing a bright future for human children would make me happy . Seeing the humans living in a safe world where they were happy and have every resources of the world  and no monster was out to get them it will make me happy. 

I don't want to live like a queen I want to be among my people I don't want to live like a hostage in a room fit for the queen with servants following my every orders I wanted to live like a free bird I was a warrior not a meek queen . Yet Zane failed to understand it would annoy him and he would get frustrated whenever I brought the subject of Caleb and father possible destiny.  He never wanted to see me plead and cry for them because it hurts him to see me in such state yet he was cause of my tears .

" Get ready love " he pulled me along with him from the plush sofa. 

" Where are we going Zane ?" I asked him alarmed because this was the first time he told me to get ready I think we are going somewhere.

"We are going to have dinner with an Alpha at his pack house ".

"Alpha ! Which Alpha but why ?" The thing that surprised me the most was that we were going out of the palace . Zane looked distracted so I poked him on his chest . Childish right but his behavior made me suspicious.  I poked him again he stopped on his tracks .

"We are going to Northern Alpha's place ".

" What is his name? "

"Luther " he gave my 4 words question with one word answer. 

" Such an ancient name " I made faces as him .

" He is 5 thousand years old " He stated it as if it was statement.  My eyes as well as mouth were open in shock .

" Are we going alone? " I asked him pulling on his hand to stop him on his track . With his incredible force I was of no competition to him yet he let me pull him back just as he was about to leave the room .

He faced me "No its us , some guards to protect you on the way and if you want ask your sister too she is free to go with us if she desire . " My eyes lit up and I hugged his shouting in joy but when I realized what I have done I pulled away . He smiled cheekily at me as I blushed and covered my blushing cheeks with my hands . I was so happy that Celia was going with us now I just need to break the news to her .