Leaving

Between the next week I fought off twenty monsters all together. All of them were after Daniel. I asked him, "Are ya' special in any way I don't know about?" He didn't answer. Again and again I tried asking him. The same silence was each outcome. Today will be different: I will go to school for the whole day; I won't make fun of people, or trip them, or steal their lunch, etc; I won't use magic. My head is going to throb by the end of first period, math.

I had to do something evil in the hallway. My hand held my head as I sprang my leg out to trip a boy, who is a jerk inn the first place. His name is Jacob, and he's one of those pretty boys that only think about themselves.

"Hey!" He yelled while picking his books off the floor, "What was that for?!"

"Le' me think... EVERYTHING!" I yelled back slapping his face. His limp body fell to the ground. Javob glared at me and grabbed my ankle, tried to pull it, but it didn't budge. Not a single inch. I needed to fall to show I'm weak, so he won't know my actual strength, nothing happened. While I thought of a plan, he and his friends were punching my gut. Still, I didn't budge. I gulped down my nervousness, as everyone stood astonished. Daniel ran over to me, after coming out of his reading class.

One hand was in between me and Jacob, who kicked my arm. I was frozen. The world moved around me, but I couldn't do anything. Not a single muscle followed my commands. Daniel shook me violently and told me, "We need to get out of here! Come on let's go! Why aren't you moving?!" Finally he gave up, and picked my motionless body in his arms.

"Good thing your boyfriend came to save you!" Jacob yelled from behind me. I balled my fists up. My body leaped out of Daniel's arms and ran for Jacob with my hands overstretched. Before I tackled him, Daniel held my left arm back.

"He's not worth wasting your time!" Daniel tried to convince me.

I wiggled out of his grasp and punched Jacob in the stomach, "Ya' ever, say someone saved me again, I will, and mark this, I WILL, kill you!"

Jacob winced in pain, then wobbled away without a word. Quickly, I spun around on my heels and walked to my next class. While walking past Daniel, I nocked his shoulder with mine making him fall backwards. He just smiled, laughed, and strutted away.

In my history class I fell asleep during a test i didn't study for. But yet again, I used my magical pencil to fill in all the correct answers when no-one is watching. Why study when you can fill in correct answers without studying? I don't know a marcal that wouldn't do the same.

Biology came after hundreds of hours of sitting, writing, sitting, writing, and, more sitting. The desks were arranged in groups to do a project, which I also didn't know about. In my chair sat a note. When my fingers carefully unstuck the peice of tape holding it together, beautiful cursive, black letters were written in it. I read it.

'To Diana,

I am leaving. Never coming back. Your better off without me. Please don't come find me, it's for the best. I would tell you in person, but I have a plane to catch. I hope you have a lovely time.

Love,
Daniel

P.S. you are my favorite demon, ever!'

My throat filled with bile. I tore the paper in half. The prices fell to the floor, before turning into ashes. Instead of telling the teacher I was leaving, I took my bags and ran out of the room without a word.

I ran home. I ran home and cried. I cried on my bed eating potatoe chips, as my mom came in to rub my head. My instincts wanted to rip his head off, my mom knew it too. She tried calming me down, telling me Daniel is a good angel, and that's why he did what he did. My ears hurt from listening to my mom babble, so I got up, took a picture of Daniel off the counter, pinned it on the wall, and stole a knife from my tennis show. I always keep at least one knife handy. Steadily, I aimed, and threw. It hit him right in the nose. A huge smile spread across my face as I rubbed the end of the knife with my finger.

Suddenly I already felt bored, so I worked my magic to make the picture 3D and blood will comes out when hit. The spell gave my game a twist on fun.

Officially, I hate angels. Never liked them, never will like them. Now I know why my mom tried to protect me from love, friendship, and people close to me. All they do is make you vulnerable and weak. Power is what I need. To gain more power, I set off to find some monsters with mom. It's also a great stress reliever.