Mystery

"Mom," I whispered, "I talked to Daniel jus' a few minutes ago."

She starred into my eyes. My mom touched my cheek before a loud, and obnoxious, bell rang into our ears. It pierced threw the air making me throw a knife towards the sound. Mom ran threw the doorway, down the hall, and out of view.

The sound stopped to reveal a man's voice, "Everyone, move to the safety cells with your crystal, weapons, and combat outfit on and ready!" His voice was harsh and cold. Nevertheless, I quickly put on my outfit and packed all of my pockets with weapons of all sorts. Each knife I slid across my index finger to make sure it was sharp. Red liquid spilled down my wrist with every knife, dagger, and sword. My heart pounded. I needed some action. The word made my adrenalin pump.

I ran down the hall with Robert running at my heel. He stepped on my feet all the while calling me "angel." My temper exploded, and I ripped both of his arms off. Robert laughed a hard cold laugh as his arms slowly grew back. His new arms were paler then the rest of his body, but turned tanner a few seconds later.

"Ha, that tickled!" Robert croaked.

"Next time I swear it won't!" I slapped him back. Dropping the conversation, I walked passed him pushing his shoulder with mine.

"Ya'know we're learning our match in that room in there, right?" Robert pointed to the safe cells big room.

"We aren't getting paired, so why does it matter?" I asked stopping in my tracks.

He blushed and tightened his fist, "I like you." His voice was low now.

"I hate you!" Quickly I went the opposite way of the crowd, trying to find the big computer. If I find the big computer, I might be able to switch my match to someone less annoying. Adrenaline rushed threw my veins as I slicked through the rushed crowed and snuck into the room with all the records. It was a small office room with a huge computer in the right room. On the screen was a red handprint sliding down. It wasn't pixels, I could tell. My eyes looked around the floor to look for a dead body or something. Nothing.

I let the thought of death escape my brain. My hand wiped the red liquid off of the screen to change my match. Little words, names, listed almost instantly in the screen. I was thirty-fourth. Robert was right! My match was him. A snobby, shrewd, annoying demon who won't leave me alone. Quickly typing in a hacking code, I switched Robert with Josh. Josh looked a little like Robert, but taller and less muscular. His face is more lean then Roberts, but still rounded at the cheeks.

Josh had been my friend for who knows how long. His mom and my mom are friends. My dad hasn't come home since I was born, so Josh's dad always went out with his friends when me and Josh had playdates. Playdates to demons are running around the neighborhood invisibly torchuring the marcals inside by making all the dogs howl at us. Only animals, demons, angels, and monsters can see invisible things/beings.

Red liquid dropped from the ceiling, and onto my hand. It was cool and damp. I dropped my other hand to my knife at my boot, pulled it out, and stood guard of an attack. I covered my mouth trying not to scream. Tears weld up in my eyes urging their way out. I wouldn't let them. Demons almost never cry.

My theory went to another monster attack. A small bite mark was left showing on the man's left arm. It looked bruised and beat up as well. I balled my fists, slammed the counter, and ran out of the room toward the weapons room. I needed amo. My small supply of knifes and swords would not take out a monster. Inside the weapons room stood Marry from my Demons History class, Robert, Josh, and of course Daniel. I scowled at the only angel in the room after grabbing fifty arrows and a bow.

"We thought you would come here," Marry sighed.

"Nice to see you again, ma'lady," Daniel bowed and lifted my hand to kiss it, but I quickly refused by kicking the side of his head with my right foot. Everyone laughed.

"Nice to you again, too," I laughed.

"Your humor is outstandingly amusing," Robert said grabbing four axes to put on his back.

"We all have crystals right?" Everyone nodded at my question, except for... Daniel. "Did they forget to give the losers their crystals?!" I laughed.

"I left mine at my academy," Daniel blushed.

I giggled loudly. Marry climbed the wall, then motioned for all of us to follow her. It wasn't too hard to climb a flat wall. My fingers are like spider furs; they cling to everything I want. Daniel didn't have this power, so we had to lift him with our minds, up, and out the window where Marry was waiting for us. She seemed impatient. Her face explained that she also didn't like the idea of Daniel coming, but he wouldn't leave us alone! No one liked him honestly. The thought of me ever liking Daniel made me gag.

We all made it out the window and started into the woods that surrounded the school. Once we found a far enough spot from the school, we set out our tents. Josh took the first watch while the rest of us slept. My mind swirled with questions, that I would have to ask tomorrow. I closed my eyes. Before I noticed it, I was asleep and already into a deep dream.