Kill Zone

Darkness. It fills the vision of death. Pain struck my whole body. The underworld didn't have people, or Hades at that matter. Black. Black walls. No, there were no walls; no floor; no ceiling. Just black.

Light. It struck out of the corner of my eye. Bright and bold, white now filled my blurry grey vision. My eyes opened to three bright lights starring right at me. Why did death hurt after I die. Long process I guessed, until Marry walked into my vision with long black wings dragging behind her. My first thought was to touch my wings, to feel the soft feathers. As I reached pain drew across my entire arm racing into my brain. I screamed. The pain went away quickly.

Josh walked into view. His eyes starred into mine, scarred, but otherwise neutral. Robert followed like a hurt puppy behind him. Their thoughts crowded my head as I concentrated on braking the chains around my wrist. Instead of chains, tubes of clear and red liquid flowed into my body. Marry opened her mouth to say something when Daniel walked into the room.

I didn't take any second to hesitate. My arms pulled out of the tubes and flung themselves at Daniel. They held his throat tightly until his eyes turned up. Marry, Josh, and Robert all grabbed my shoulders to pull me back. I struggled against all three of them, so I could kill Daniel. He was going to die no matter what, even if it is the last thing I do.

Daniel sat up coughing blood all over the floor. His hands were tied behind his back tightly in ropes. He wore a black pantsuit, and his dark hair slicked back behind the ears. Marry smeared mascara was now on my hospital gown. She was crying. Now, her eyes seemed fine. Somehow she read my facial expression and explained that her dad was killed by a monster today. Marry's dad is human, but her mom is a demon. Demons I guess you could say are rebels.

"Let me kill him!" I screamed in Josh's and Robert's firm grips. Marry had to leave the room or she would've also killed Daniel.

"You can't!" Yelled Josh.

I clenched my jaw and kicked both of their faces to stall while I ran for Daniel. Robert quickly recovered from my blow, and grabbed my shoulder right before I pounced on the enemy: Daniel. My anger furyed, "Why not!"

"He is still your guardian angel!" The room fell silent. Josh's words quieted even my heart monitor, which stopped beeping when I pulled it out to stop my blood bath. Every needle left a scar on my arms, but my eyes stayed on Daniel. Not glaring at him, I was startled that the guardian bond was still with him as a monster. Guardian angels protect who they are assigned to, me. If the angel dies, the assigned thing, me, will loose half of its soul. My soul has so much power that I would die if Daniel died. Mom bond with him is much different then a usual bond. I basically control his life since his angel powers are gone. This will be fun.

"Is there a way to turn him back?" I questioned the nurse while pointing at Daniel, who was playing with the ropes around his wrist. Instead of answering me the nurse left the room without a word. That nurse bothered me. She came back with a demon teacher from my school. I can't remember his name, but the face looked familiar. He looked furious at me. As my memory came back, I ran for the window in the little hospital room. It broke into tiny pieces as my legs sliced threw it. I was followed by Josh, Robert, Marry, and Daniel who was still tied with ropes around his wrist.

My hands scraped on the roof tile, until I jumped off the tile onto the ground. Quickly Marry passed my backpack and slipped it on my back. We all ran into the open hoping to get past the security walls. We were wanted for running away from school and helping a monster. Probably some other stupid other stuff too.

The hospital gown made me trip too many times to count, so when we were far enough into the forest, again, I hid behind a bush and changed into some comfortable clothes that were in my backpack.

Josh gave me a bottle of water, while I put all my weapons back into place. Marry gave me my crystal. It shined brightly as the cold material touched my skin. I took a deep breathe.

"Y'know when we're found, they're going to kill us?!" Josh said worried.

"We'll just have to kill them first then," I said happily. I arched my bow into the air, loaded a arrow, and shot a duck. "LUNCH!"