New Life

3 years later

In a few days I will turn twenty-one. It will be one of the happiest days of my life. The second I turn twenty-one, I will never age again. Me and my family will have to travel every six years, but it will be worth it. When I go to demon academy/school, I will get a crystal, my perfect match, and the power of a true demon. Until January 20, I'll just be me: a little demon.

I haven't gone to marcal school in four weeks. Instead I have been burning everything Daniel touched, even my hand. Garry cut it off for me, but a new one grew back within seconds. The bones are still a little flimsy though. Garry has stayed home from school to set fire to some houses, which were quickly found, before real damage happened.

Around noon, me and Garry went to The Room to play bouncer. I won, but no glory came. Instead my eyes were starring at the same angel with the brown skin, black hair, and chubby cheeks. Garry poked a carrot into my ear, trying to get my attention. It didn't work. I ignored everything Garry did, and walked to the demon and angel crossover line.

"Hey classification," I yelled, classification has been his nickname for two years now, "Come 'ere."

He pushed on the armrests to walk over to me. His shoes slid over a drop of red liquid. It made a squishing sound that made me shiver. Ever since the attack on me and Daniel three years ago, deaths on both sides of angels and demons have been occurred. While he walked I looked up to see a zombie. She had greasy blonde hair, green eyes, long nose, and pale skin. She snarled and jumped onto Classification. He yelled. I took a deep breathe, and crossed the angel and demon crossover line. Everyone wasn't looking at the monster anymore, they looked at me. No one has crossed the line since 1902.

I shook off all the eyes and grabbed the monsters neck. Classification still swirled around as the zombie still held on to his wings. Slowly, they ripped off his back. It made a velcrow sound. Suddenly he lay still on the floor, as did the zombie. Motionless, their eyes still open and horrifying.

"Is Classification dead?" I asked an angel that still stood astonished by me passing over the line. Suddenly my arm slapped the angels face bringing him back to life. His eyes scanned over both bodies then said, "Oh My! The zombie, she... she... she used all of her energy just to kill Wi- I mean Classification. Why?, I do not know that, but I do know we need to find whoever is behind these attacks, because monsters usually attack marcals, not demons and angels. Their actions could kill our entire population with their new killing strategy."

I bit my lip. Monsters killing demons? The thought, made my head hurt. Not throbbing hurt, but actually thinking hurt. Daniel. What if a monster killed him, and the monster wrote the note to make sure I didn't come him. Meh. He's not my problem anymore, not that he was in the first place anyways.

Garry stood with his toes barely touching the line to crossover, yelling for me to come over to the demon side.

"Sir?" I said to an angel who I smacked to get his attention again, "Where have the most killings been so far in the U.S?"

"Er... Alabama. Why?" He answered.

"Jus' wonserin'." On that note I left The Room to go home.

Mom was in the kitchen making ravioli. It smelled delicious, so I scooped a hot handful out and ate it. She ignored me and put some salt into the pot. Quickly, I passed the island and went to my room. It was messy. I've never cleaned it in my entire life. Angels come around to clean marcals rooms in the night, but they don't do that to us demons.

I searched for the crystal I stole from my mom a few months ago. It was under my bed. Of course, it was also the last place I looked. Next I found my never ending bag and stuffed months of clothes, weapons, and food into it. The never ending bag is like a Mary Poppins bag, but in a black backpack form. Mom didn't even notice as I slipped a few more bites of ravioli before, my feet scrambled up the stairs to go back into my room. Finally I packed my toiletries and sleeping things I might need.

Lastly, my heart raced as I jumped out the window and onto a tree. The wet grass made it hard to run in my combat boots. Now I was off to get some potions and spells.