Homecoming

Daniel pulled the glass out of his hand, and threw it on the ground. Before he could even react, I flew out of my window, charged at Daniel with my hand out, and grabbed his neck pulling him to the ground.

"Why are you here!?" I yelled.

He gasped for air slapping at my hand that wrapped around his neck tightly. I waited for his face to turn bright tomato red before, slowly, I pulled my hand away. He gasped for air with wide eyes and a swollen neck. I couldn't help but smile at him suffering. He deserves it honestly.

"I could ask you the same thing," Daniel snapped once he could start to breath correctly again. He still had tears pouring down his pale skin though.

"You sound like a demon, and no you can't ask me the same thing. I am at the best demon school in the world," I am furious. First off, angels never talk back, second, WHY SHOULD HE CARE!

"I did not turn demon, but  what I meant to say is, why did you not stay in Indiana and go to school there with your mom?"

"I am not answering you!" I slapped his face making a red outline of my hand on his left cheek. Once he recovered from the slap I punched Daniel's gut, kicked under his legs to make him flip onto his back. He winced, but quickly recovered again. Daniel smelled weird. He had a horrible stench that you smell when you to old people's houses. As I knocked his head with my forehead, I could smell it even more. A monster. It couldn't be though, Daniel still had pale skin, and dark hair. His eyes. I didn't notice his eyes; they were a golden red on the rim with green on the inside.

"You're a monster! A... a... a real monster!" I yelled in hope someone would here me.

"No, no I am not. I got contacts so someone I knew would not recognise me. Is it working?!"

"No."

"I still love you Diana, that is why I left. I hope you know that."

"Okay let me get this straight you left, so I would be okay. I am perfectly okay, but you not so much. I want to kill you. Does that help with how I feel abou' you?"

Daniel nodded his head, "You should not be in Alabama though. You know, it is the highest demon and angel deaths here. Monsters are killing them one by one, you should not be here, you might die."

"I am not afraid of a few crazy monsters, they should fear me, because when I get a hold of who is under these attacks, I will rip his/her head off slowly."

Daniel gulped.

"They killed Garry," I said. Tears started to form in my eye. But I quickly pushed them back when I noticed Daniel with wide eyes and clenched fists. He looked angry.

"I will find that monster for you ma'lady," Daniel said running off.

I didn't bother to tell him that the monster was already dead. It is funnier to watch him look after nothing.

I flew back inside once Daniel was out of my sight. The window was still open, but one of my room mate sat on her bed. She played on the newly folded bed set that the room keepers did.

"So how was your date?" She giggled.

"I told him if he didn't leave I'd kill 'em, so he ain't my date. Got it!" I snapped back and jumped onto my bed.

"It won't matter tomorrow anyways," she said laying down under her bed sheet.

Tomorrow we find out our match. The matching ceremony is awkward because your worst enemy could be your match, your best friend could be your match, or a complete stranger could be your match. It all depends on how you act in the first week. Once you are matched, you marry the person in the next week. Yesterday after lunch we got to suggest who we want to be matched with. I put no one. If I am to love someone forever and ever, I want to actually love him, not be matched to him.

When I was about to turn the light off to fall asleep, someone nocked on the door. It shattered into ashes before I could touch the knob. Mother. Her make up ran down her face, she had crazy hair, and nails that made you want scream. You could almost mistake her as a boogieman, werewolf, hybrid.

Before either of us talked, she ran in gave me a hug, and kissed my cheek. Her warm arms tightened around my neck.

"I'm so glad you're safe. Really? The most deaths state?" She croaked out of yellow teeth and a dry tongue.

"Mom, you look like a monster gone mad," I informed her.

"No, this is a disguise," she pulled off her face, no it was a mask. Everything came off. Under her torn clothes she had black leggings and a Panic at the Disco tank top. Her beautiful face now starring into my ugly one.

"We need to talk about," she got real close to my ear so my roommate wouldn't hear, "Daniel."