Killers

Josh is dead. He died. I couldn't save him. I couldn't save Robert. Their cold dead bodies are buried into my brain. I'm a death magnet!

Josh had funeral. The wind brushed against our half teary faces, while leaves fell onto our hair. We didn't give speeches this time; I don't think anyone could handle speeches for Josh. He was the baby of the gang. Not the brightest, not the best fighter, but the best friend. For a demon, Josh could possibly be looked over as an angel some days. Marry confessed that she loved him (We all knew).

"So who's on dat list first," I found the urge to talk over the stillness at our lunch table in Adralinor. It's been four days without Josh.

Daniel cleared his throat, "Er- Adaline."

"Where, who..." Daniel interrupted me with a struggling voice, "she... She was my sister's friend-was! After Adaline found out what happened to Tina, she fled. They were best friends. Adaline was best in her class, don't worry. Oh, and, yes, she is a demon."

Marry laughed, "We're down three demons and our best bet is to get some of our enemies old besties!?" She sounded annoyed.

"I know loosing Josh is hard, but try to have some sane, okay?!" It came out was mean as I intended. Marry's cup flew straight for me. It crashed into my neck. I felt nothing. Knowing that Marry is going threw a lot right now, I just walked up and whispered into her ear, "When you feel like being cooperative, you can come and avenge Josh. Until then, don't let me see your face."

Marry smiled, and looked at me. Her blonde hair glimered threw the glass windows of the lunch-in. Her blue eyes tore into me, I had to brake our nerve racking glare, and walk away. I walked all the way out of the store with Daniel close behind. He grabbed my shoulder while whirling me around to face him.

"It's faster if we fly," he said with a grin. I almost forgot that in the alternate demon/angel world, we have our wings full time. It feels so unnatural to be out in an open street seeing everyone with wings and daggers. I leap of joy filled my heart, removing the bad thought of the past few days. My knees bent, I readyed myself, and pushed off from the ground into the air. Daniel followed my exact moves into the air. I motioned for Daniel to lead the way. He bowed and zoomed away. Somehow, Daniel always found a way to make a dull day into an amazing one.

My wings ruffled in the wind. I forgot the feeling honestly. Cool air flowed above my dark hair making it catch into bundles of knots. I laughed. Laughing felt weird. Not weird, just... ancient. The sun eliminated rays upon my pale face. An older demon was beating a younger demon in a game of fire bouncer. My smile spread wider. I looked in front of me to see Daniel looking back at me. He was flying backwards! Daniel, too, had a smile stretched from ear to ear. I brought my fingers together, felt the heat rush through all of my right arm cells to create a bright, red, yellow, and orange fire ball in my hand. Daniel echoed my movement, still smiling. I threw the fire ball at him. It skimmed the top of his right wing making him wince while throwing his fire ball and miss completely. We both laughed. I looked into his bright green eyes to see happiness for the first time in... well, I don't even know how long. Daniel examined me, then mouthed the words, Race you to the mountain top. He pointed to a far off mountain, that could possibly be about seventy miles away. Your on! he was around thirty yards ahead of me, but if I was smart enough, it could be an easy win.

Faster and faster my speed increased. At top demon speed, we can go faster than marcal's jets. Bugs. I hate them. They got in my eyes, mouth, even my hair. I have to shade my face from the atrocious bug infestation. Before I could see where I knew where I was going, I ran into Daniel. We topled down to the ground laughing. Only a hundred yards up. Not far. We hit the ground so hard a huge indent was made permanently into the hard dirt ground. My shoulder throbbed as it hit the hard ground. Daniel fell ontop of me awkwardly. He quickly got off making us both blush and turn away. From each other's gaze.