Chapter 26: Pool Time

I stretched as I began to wake up. My head was pounding and I felt nauseous. I quickly jumped out of bed and made a dash for the bathroom. I knew I was going to be sick. I emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet. I felt like I was going to die. I tried to remember what I did last night, but I couldn’t. After I felt like I could finally leave the bathroom I called Sebastian and asked him to bring me some coffee. He happily agreed.

    I was still wearing my outfit from last night, so I changed into something fresh. I washed my face and then went into the bedroom and flipped on the tele while I waited on Seb. There was absolutely nothing on. There never is. I heard knocking at the door and I jumped up to let Sebastian in. He handed me a coffee and we walked over to my bed to sit and drink. I took a sip of the strong drink. Just the aroma made me feel more alive.

    “How are you feeling?” Sebastian smiles. He knows the answer, the bugger.

    “Completely awful.” I close my eyes and scrunch my face before taking another sip of my coffee. Bless this man for bringing me the liquid gold.

    “Do you remember last night?” Seb had a grin on his face. I wasn’t sure I wanted to know what I did last night. I had gotten carried away. I simply shook my head in response.

    “Do you want to know?” Seb asked. I wasn’t sure I did, but I took a sip of my coffee then nodded yes.

    “Well, of course you drank too much, and dance and partied with all of us.” yes I knew that part. “You shared a pretty passionate kiss with Kimi.” my heart sank. I had kissed Kimi. Curse my inability to control drinking. I wish I could at least remember. I frowned.

    “Why am I so stupid Seb?” I groaned, collapsing backwards onto the bed.

    “You’re not stupid. You were just drinking.” he smiled.

    “Same thing. I shouldn’t drink.” I hit my palm on my face. My stomach felt a whole other type of sick now. “What else happened?”

    “Nothing really. After you two going hot an heavy for a minute or two you realized what you were doing and you left.” He shrugged. At least I still had some sense.

    “Oh, Seb. How will I face him?” I just can not manage to keep this relationship professional. “The man doesn’t like me and I just keep doing stupid things like this.”

    “Well, it wasn’t like he was fighting it.” Seb took a sip from his coffee “He had a right good grip on your bum. And you may have initiated the kiss, but he took control.” I groaned in embarrassment.

    “He was drunk too Sebastian.” I say giving Kimi and excuse.

    “Not like you were.” Seb raised an eyebrow. “He is Finnish. He wasn’t that drunk, he knew what he was doing.”

    “Whatever.” I don’t think he would have kissed me without the alcohol.

_____________________________________________________________

    It is quite a long time before the Belgian GP so I went home to Italy to spend time with my grandfather. I had told him about my kiss and his advice so to go and kiss him again. I couldn’t believe he was still pushing for us to be in a relationship. I am sure that will never happen, and I certainly will never marry the Iceman. Since my absence my grandfather has gone back to work against my will. He is so tricky. I had forbid him from going into the office for another month, but he doesn’t listen to me.

    I got dressed in a short summery dress to go into the Ferrari headquarters. I had been doing some work, as well as trying to make sure my grandfather didn’t overdo it. I took my Ferrari California to the office. I went to pull into my designated spot in the front row, but it was taken. I black Ferrari sat in its space. I begrudgingly parked farther out and walked into the headquarters fuming. I stormed straight up to my grandfathers office, ready to rant and then have whoever’s car that is towed.