Chapter 5

"I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life. Oh just to be with you is having the best day of my life" Thank You by Dido

When the sun came through the windows and the warmth grazed my naked body, it woke me from my dreams. I rubbed my eyes trying to get my bearings. I rolled over and noticed Lucas was gone. I was about to get annoyed but then I smelt coffee and bacon in the air. Not exactly what I wanted to wake up too but I can't get through the day without coffee so that's all that's on my mind right now. When I get out of bed I notice there has been a shirt and pair of shorts laying on the end of the bed with a note:

Good Morning Beautiful,

I laid out these clothes for you to put on, even though it would be a shame to cover that sexy ass of yours. You looked so peaceful sleeping and I couldn't bring myself to wake you. I have coffee and breakfast ready for you whenever you wake up. If you'd like to shower first I put a fresh towel in the bathroom for you or if you want to wait I can always join you ;)

Your knight in shining armor

Holy hell that has to be one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. Part of me wants to shower now cause I look a mess but the smell of coffee is too strong and my will power is low.
I put on the clothes Lucas laid out and run my fingers through my long auburn hair in an attempt to not have the freshly fucked look that I'm currently rocking. I run to the bathroom quickly to splash water on my face to try to get rid of the smudged makeup. I can see the bruise on my face from where Trevor hit me last night. Just when the marks fade away he puts another mark on me. A mark that will get me looks of pity until it fades away. I steady myself on the bathroom counter because my stomach is in knots. Deep breaths Cadence. In and out. As I regain my composure I head out to the kitchen. I'm too nervous to notice his nice apartment.

I walk into the kitchen and see Lucas standing at the stove in basketball short and a tight black tank top. His sandy blonde hair is messy and falls to one side. Damn just looking at him from behind is making me warm.
"Come on Cadence stop thinking like a horny teenager."
Lucas turns around and is laughing. "I don't mind you thinking like that beautiful."
A look of mortification sweeps over my face as I realize I just said that shit out loud. Lucas walks over to me and kisses my forehead and smacks my ass. "Good morning beautiful. You look fucking good in my clothes.
Wow my mouth just went dry and all thoughts I had in my head have completely disappeared.

"How do you take you coffee beautiful?"

"Cream and a little sugar please."

I feel so awkward right now. I haven't done whatever this is in a long time. I had my mind set on a one night stand and be gone before the sun came up. This is throwing me off so bad.

"Here's your coffee beautiful. Why don't we sit and we can eat and talk a bit."

I take the coffee from his hands, I take a sip before saying "Lucas it's ok. You don't have to act like you want to get to know me. I should probably just get dressed and go."

He grabs the coffee from my hands and puts it down on the counter. He grabs my waist and pulls me into him. One of his hands wraps around the back of my head where his fingers are in my hair and his other one wraps around my back. His lips smash into mine and he starts to kiss me and my mouth opens allowing his tongue to enter my mouth. Our tongues dance together for a minute before he stops the kiss and rests his forehead on mine.

"This isn't an act beautiful. There is nothing I want more then to get to know you. So please stop being so damn stubborn and sit that sexy ass of yours down."