Chapter29

CADENCE'S POV

Walking into Stephan's place I'm not sure how to feel. He hasn't said anything to me since we left the gallery. I wish I knew what he was thinking. I figured he'd be happy knowing that he was the one I wanted. I guess I was wrong. I really don't even feel like being here with him right now. I feel so rejected right now.

"Hey you know what Stephan, I think I'm just going to go home. I miss my bed and I just want to go home." I look in his eyes and see sadness fill them but he still doesn't say anything. I guess I have my answer. I go to his room and grab my clothes and stuff them into my purse.

"Mon amour?" I hear Stephan behind me with a soft voice, almost a whisper. I don't say anything or turn around. I feel the tears forming in my eyes. "Mon amour....I....I want you to be happy. I want your dreams to come true. I want nothing more then to ask you to stay with me forever. But you're still with Lucas at the end of the day. I can't pretend that you aren't anymore."

"Whose fault is that Stephan?" I ask with tears now rolling down my face and still not turning around to face him.

"I know but I'm not the only one to blame here. You left leaving a note with Sarah Beth. I came here for you. I tried to deal with this Lucas thing for you. You told Sarah Beth you picked me but you still went back to him. How can I trust that it is really me you want?" His tone is a mix of hurt and anger. This isn't how I thought this would go.

"Are you kidding me? You are the one who told me to come home and figure things out with Luke. You're the one who kept walking out instead of talking things out with me. You're the one who had a girlfriend. You're the one I wanted. You're the one I saw my future with. You clearly didn't see the same thing. So I tried to move on like you did. You're right I am with Luke and I guess that's how you want it to stay." I finally turn around but don't look him in the eyes and walk past him. "Good bye mon frenchie." I said from behind him. I kept hoping he'd ask me to stay. He didn't. He let me walk out the door. He let me go. Now I have to try to let him go. I have to try not to let myself fall apart. I have to pretend I'm not going to miss him everyday.

~~~

Once I got home, I curled into a ball on my bed and fell apart. Sarah Beth came in and climbed into bed with me and just held me, while I just cried. She didn't ask any questions. She didn't say anything. She just stayed there holding me until I cried myself to sleep.

For the next five days I didn't leave my room. I didn't feel like eating, showering, or even drinking coffee for fucks sake. Me not wanting coffee! I let my world fall apart. I let myself grieve the loss. The colors in the world drained away. Everything was just grey. Sarah Beth did her best to try to get me to get me to eat and get out of bed. But I shut her out.

"Ok Cadence get up!" I heard a mans voice behind me. I knew who it was and I don't feel like dealing with him.

"Please leave. I just want to be left alone." I pull the covers over my head hoping he will just leave. But no such luck. He walks over, pulls the covers off me, picks me up, throws me over his shoulder carrying me into my shower. He turns the water on and puts me down right under the pure cold water streaming out of my waterfall shower head.

"What the fuck Tyler?" I scream out at him before breaking down crying. He steps closer to me embracing me into a tight hug as the cold water soaks us both, clothes and all.

"Cadence you are stronger then this." He grabs my biceps and pulls me back so I'm looking at him. "Snap the fuck out of it!" He says sternly before stepping out of the shower. "When you are ready to rejoin the world I'll be in your studio." He walks out grabbing a towel on his way out.