Chapter 11

"If only for today,I am unafraid" Berlin

CADENCE POV

As I woke up, I thought that yesterday was just a dream until I became aware of my surroundings. I reach over to find the bed empty. The spot where Stephan laid is cold and I start to get deja vu. Hey at least this time I didn't sleep with the guy. I get myself out of bed and go to the bathroom, I splash some water on my face. I look down and see a pink tooth brush with a note the says "Use me." I unwrap it and brush the stale wine breath away. When I go to open the door there is another note that says "Wear me after a shower mon amour" The dress the note was attached to was so beautiful. It was a long strapless light pink dress, it had a beautiful rose and humming bird pattern on it. Crap he has good taste. But it's probably one of his sisters. 

I take a quick shower, dry off, and put the dress on

I take a quick shower, dry off, and put the dress on. I run a brush through my hair and just leave it wavy and down. I don't have any of my makeup or hair stuff. So I have no makeup on and my hair isn't done. I really hope he doesn't run for the hills.

I walk into the kitchen and smell coffee. I didn't see Stephan anywhere but there's a coffee cup next to the french press. I quickly pour a cup and as I'm standing there I look out the window that overlooks the green hills. I see Stephan out there setting something up. I'm wondering what he's doing. He turns and sees me watching him through the window. He starts to walk back up to the house. The closer he gets the faster my heart beats. He walks through the kitchen door that goes outside. 

When he reaches where I'm standing, he places one finger under my chin and lifts my face up. He leans forward and puts the softest kiss on my lips.  He pulls his lips back and looks into my eyes and says "Bonjour mon amour. Vous êtes belle." (Good morning my love. You look beautiful.) While running his soft hands down the side of my face. I can feel the heat rising to my face. I know I'm probably as red as a strawberry right now.

"Good morning Stephan. Thank you for letting me borrow this beautiful dress and having an extra toothbrush handy for me." 

"No mon amour I woke up early and went to a shop. I bought this dress for you, a toothbrush, and a special surprise outside for you." He has such a playful look on his face. He holds my hand in his and starts to lead me outside. "Come. I will show you your surprise." I didn't even get a chance to tell him thank you. Before he opens the door to take me outside he turns and says "Close you eyes mon amour." I close my eyes and he takes the coffee cup form my hands. Under normal circumstances I would cut a bitch for trying to take my coffee from me but right now I'm filled with so much excitement I let it slide. 

When we reach outside I can hear him set the coffee cup down. I feel him let go of my hand. Next thing I feel are his hands gripping my hips and his body against my back. He starts to guide me forward and stops me from walking by wrapping his arms all around my waist and a soft kiss on the back of my wet hair. "Ok mon amor, open your eyes."