Chapter three

Just over a week had gone since the feast. Since then, Adelaie had received many gifts from high lords and lady's all over the north. None compared to what she had received from the King, Jon and Benjen. Their gifts had been more personal, rather than out of respect.

Adelaie had yet to remove the bracelet that Jon had gifted her, and when Catelyn found out, she was less than impressed. She didn't understand why Adelaie chose the bracelet from Jon over the half dozen she'd received. She'd even asked the brunette. Adelaie simply told her she liked it more than the others, which was no lie.

Many times had the Stark mother would whine about it, yet Adelaie did not snap. Catelyn was under enough stress. No more than a week ago Adelaie found Bran on his back, unconscious below one of the old towers. His wolf had led her to his body.

That morning, Adelaie was waiting out in the courtyard to practice. As usual, she was the first up and ready, only, this time she would be using her great sword, Phantom. Robb had been chatting about it all night. Once again, there was another feast, only this time, Adelaie could sit in her usual seat, next to Jon and Theon.

Adelaie was testing the weight of the sword in one hand, and she found herself able to lift it. It was slightly difficult, but not impossible. She wrapped her free hand around the hilt, and held the great outwards. As she was looking at her sword, she noticed someone walk into the yard from the left, causing her to drop it, and turn to them.

It was Robb. She gave the Stark a warm smile as he approached, and when he was right in front of her, he grinned. Robb had always been very optimistic, and whenever he noticed her in an unpleasant, it was his goal to make her happy again, even if it ended up turning her mood sour.

"I think I might have an advantage today." He boasted, his grin turning playful. Adelaie raised her brow, and shifted her weight onto her right leg,

"Why would that be, Stark?" she questioned, the warm smile morphing into a smirk,

"You've never used one of those before." He gestured to her great sword, "It'll be harder for you to lift in a fight."

"You could not be any more wrong." She replied,

"Oh, and why is that, Morley?"

"The King will be watching." Adelaie's smirk grew as Robb's shrunk, "We both know that if I win, you will be mocked, and we both know that if you hurt me, you will be ridiculed." She had him there. Robb knew Adelaie was right. Robert looked down upon her with such admiration, so if he were to hurt her, or lose against her, the outcome would be less than optimistic.

Robb took a few steps back, and with a chuckle, shook his head,

"You've got me there, Adelaie." He told her, causing Adelaie to laugh in triumph.

"Never mess with a Morley."

•|•|•|•|•|•

Adelaie was sitting on a windowsill, with Jon, standing beside her as they were overlooking the yard later that day. They had just watched Robb and Joffrey duel and now they sat there and chatted while Tommen and Bran had their turn. Unfortunately, it was not proper for a bastard, nor a woman, to duel with the prince's

They were in the covered bridge between the armoury and the great keep. It had been mutually decided that this was the best view of the courtyard. Adelaie and Jon had spent most of their childhood running from the septa, old Nan and even guardsmen. This was one place they would come often, especially when there was training which neither could participate in. 

Adelaie's legs were swinging back and forth as she leant against Jon's side. Ghost, Jon's dire wolf, had been sleeping just behind Jon's feet. When the white wolf stood, it caused Adelaie and Jon to look to their right. Arya and her wolf pup, Nymeria, stood at the doorway.