Chapter fifteen

Another week flew by. It was surprising how fast time seemed to be moving, yet Adelaie did not do much. In that week though, Jojen had managed to get himself out of bed, and was now currently looking out into the courtyard where Adelaie and Jon taught the new recruits. A boy, Olly, was currently up against Jon, and he was struggling to keep his shield up when Jon knocked him down. Adelaie was there to pull him to his feet, and give him advice on how to improve.

This went on for quite some time until the Red Woman approached the pair from behind. She had informed them that the king requested their presence atop the wall. Adelaie's eyes connected with his, only for a short amount of time but she smiled to him before walking to the elevator shaft that would take them to the top of the wall.

Adelaie had once again become the woman Jon recognised; she was healthy, her eyes sparkled with mischief and kindness. Yet there was something that laid beneath them, something he'd never seen before. It was almost... wild, unexplainable as of yet.

The pair followed the Red Woman into the elevator, and soon enough, they were being hoisted up. Adelaie couldn't say she had been in a silence as awkward as the one she was in now. The Red Woman never stopped staring at Jon, it was uncomfortable for not only him, But Adelaie too.

"Are you not cold, my Lady?" Jon asked, not looking at the woman who was from dressed for the cold,

"Never." She started, grabbing his hand, "The Lord's fire lives within me." She raised his hand, and removed his glove, "aced his hand on her cheek. Seconds later Jon tore his hand from her cheek and snatched his glove back. He turned to Adelaie, who raised a brow at him, before turning back and putting his glove back on. Another small wave of silence was casted over them, yet the woman next to Jon spoke up again. "Are you a virgin?"

Adelaie didn't see Jon turn to look at the woman, yet she could sense his sadness.

"No." he stated, causing the pale woman to turn to Adelaie with aa small smile,

"Good." she said. Adelaie frowned, yet did not speak up, "I will not bother to ask you, my Lady." She then turned forward, "You were the beginning of Robb Stark's downfall." She was speaking of that night. Jon turned to her, and watched as Adelaie began to fidget slightly. That was all he needed to know that Adelaie had slept with his brother, Robb. It hurt to think of.

Jon knew that as soon as he left, Robb would try for Adelaie, but he never thought she would let him get intimate with her. The only thing that brought him the knowledge that she mustn't had loved him, was the fact that she stood there with him, and she still held her house name, not the Stark name.

Once they exited the lift, the Red Woman, Melisandre, led them to Stannis, and his advisor, Ser Davos.

The winds blew strong, and snow fell, yet whatever chill Jon, or Stannis, or Davos felt was not felt by the two women. Each were a flame of different types, and burned for different reasons.

"Your Grace," she announced, causing both men to turn to the three, "The bastard of Winterfell and the Dragon of the North." Adelaie hated that name, she did not want to engulf it with open arms, yet it seemed she had no choice.

Jon fell to a knee, showing his respect to the king while Adelaie just stood beside him. She would not kneel. She'd had enough of kings. The only respectable one she'd met so far had been Mance, and Robb. Stannis looked at her with a curious expression, and gestured for Jon to rise.

"You know who rules at Winterfell now?" he asked the pair. It may not have mattered as much to Jon, yet Adelaie could feel the heat run through her veins,

Dragon of the North ~Game of Thrones~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara