Chapter thirteen

(A/N I will be updating this more soon, I really just needed a long break from writing to focus on my studies, but I realised after someone mentioned it ages ago that most of this chapter was missing, so here it is!)

It didn't take long to jump into action. As soon as it all began, Adelaie was sent back down to the castle. She did not complain. Days prior, Jon had come to her, and sat her down. He knew what was coming. And he knew that they would need Adelaie, no matter how much Thorne refused to agree. He told her that they would give her a signal if they needed her. Four blasts of the horn from atop of the wall. He had already informed the people he needed to.

Once she was at the bottom, she rushed out, and watched as all the men scurried around her. Ran past her, and onto the lift, which began to take him up. That's when a Ranger began to blow the horn. Two blasts, indicating that Wildlings were attacking. Adelaie's heart started beating faster as fear flooded her system. She unsheathed her sword, readying herself for the inevitable fight. Those on the gate had begun to fire on the incoming Wildlings, while the rest stayed in the courtyard.

Alliser Thorne had come down, thankfully. Adelaie may not have liked the man, but him being there was much better than all the stewards and builders running around and not knowing what to do.

"Brothers! A hundred generations have defended this castle!" he walked to the start of the stairs, and looked down at them all, "It has never fallen before. She will not fall tonight!" he exclaimed. Those who were left in the castle, which was not many, were now listening to Thorne, or defending the gates. "Those are Thenns at our walls!" he walked down the stairs, making his way next to Adelaie with an unsheathed sword, "They eat the flesh of the men they kill! Do you want to fill the belly of a Thenn tonight?" They all chanted a 'no'. It was the obvious answer, "Tonight we fight! And when the sun rises, I promise you, Castle Black will stand!" once again they all cheered, raising their swords and torches. Adelaie did not. She just stood next to Thorne silently, "The Night's Watch will stand!" he raised his sword, and his brother's cheered. Adelaie's head turned to her right. The Wildlings had begun to get through, "With me now!" with that, they charged at the Wildlings that had come into the castle.

Adelaie did not. Her sword stayed in her hand, and she had less of a chance dying if she let the wildlings come to her. And she was right. The first to run at her was almost two times the height of her. He swung his axe, but her was slow, slower than the Lannister men, yet much more powerful.

She ducked, and her legs pulled her body to the side of him. As she moved, her sword sliced through his belly with all her strength. It was enough to take him down, yet she knew she would never be able to keep that up.

The next that came at her was much smaller than the last, yet still bigger than her. He raised his sword, and swung at her. Adelaie raised her great sword, and the steel clanked together. Quickly she retracted, and spun on her feet before jabbing at him. he blocked her attack, but his legs were open.

Adelaie kicked his knee from underneath him. she heard his knee pop, and a painful yell come from him. while he was distracted, she swung her sword again, and cut his head clean off.

This went on for quite a while. More kept pouring in. Adelaie had discovered she hated fighting Thenns more than the Wildlings. They unnerved her and they were much more vicious. She was much smarter, and much more skilled though.

Adelaie had gone over to the lift after she'd watched a Thenn kill one of them men. While she ran, she was stopped, yet her attacker quickly was silenced and she continued up to where she knew Olly was. once she was up there, she ran to the post Olly was hiding behind and she dropped to her knees.