Chapter 5

Muhammad's POV

Muhammad's POV

"Good morning.'' Mum smiles pouring coffee into a mug. She's still wearing her pink fluffy sleeping gown. "Aren't you going work today?"

I shake my head, taking a sip of my coffee. I got a call from my boss this morning that it's not too busy today so if I didn't want to go work I could stay home. Which made me so glad because I could finally get the long sleep I've been wanting ever since last week. But then my dad decided it was a perfect day to wake me up at five o'clock and make me drop him to work due to the fact his car had broken down yesterday and now was parked in the driveway waiting to be fixed.

"Where's Hannah?" Mum asks.

"She went over to Auntie Natasha's house,"I replied rubbing my hands on the warm mug.

"Why so early?" I shrug my shoulders continuing to sip my coffee.

I turn on the TV and I take a seat on the couch. I flick through channels until I finally find some good. As usual, sunrise is playing on seven, I put the volume a little loud and leaning back on the couch. Today Kochie and Sam are interview Isla Fisher about her new profession and how she got to publish a children's book.

"Hannah told me about Natasha's daughter." Mum takes a seat next to me on the couch.

"Mm-hmm," I keep my eyes glued to the TV screen. It's not a surprise Hannah has already told mum about Jawariyah and it seems to me that she only told mum to try and see if she could convince me to say yes.

"Your father and I have decided to should go to their house tomorrow and meet the girl."

"W-what?'' I sputter, mum nods and takes a sip of her coffee.

She turns to me and frowns." I've called and informed Natasha, so don't even think about making up random excuses."

"Why?" I ask.

"You can't just sit around and wait for the perfect girl to come around, you have to be a man and search for her."

"So you think she's the perfect girl?" Mum nods.

"She may be the perfect girl but I might not be the perfect boy," I state. I am sick of being hurt by someone and having to blame it on myself.

"Oh, Muhammad! Why are you always thinking so negatively?" She questions.

"I don't want to go through the same pain over and over again."

Mum shakes her head."Everyone wants happiness, nobody wants pain but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain."

"