Chapter 7

Muhammad's POV

Muhammad's POV

I hear laughter as I come out of the bathroom, my hands still wet from wudu. Dad wants me to lead the Maghrib prayer today or more like he wants to show off that his son has a beautiful voice when reciting the Quran.

"Muhammad, when are we gonna pray?" I turn around to the sound of my name and standing there in the hallway is Hannah.

"Right now,'' I say and then adds, "Dad is making me lead."

She chuckles "Amazing!''

''My big brothers is finally coming out of his shell!"' Sometimes I seriously don't believe that I am older than Hannah because she acts more mature than myself.

When I follow Hannah to the living room downstairs I don't expect to see aunty Natasha's daughters sitting on the prayers mats waiting for me.

Raising both my hands close to my ears I say, ''"Allahu Akbar.'' I lead the salat as I normally do at the mosque but I read short surahs so we don't stand for long.

I am sitting down on the floor cracking my knuckles as I wait for everybody to leave the living room so I can be left with Jawariyah so we can ask each other any questions.

''Good luck and don't worry my brother doesn't bite.'' I heard Hannah assure Jawariyah behind me.

As soon as I hear Hannah's footsteps fade away, my heart starts racing and I don't think it's gonna stop until I get myself through this.

We sit there in silence for what seems like an eternity.

''I have been in a past relationship is that a problem to you in anyway?'' My back is still facing her and I intend to do it until I know it is the right time to face her.

My uncle Benjamin had married a righteous lady before he married Hafsa and the lady he got married to had a previous relationship before she married my uncle. After they got married, she was still attached to him and my uncle didn't know that she was seeing him every day and later on she committed zina which broke my uncle's heart. He went through years trying to get over her because he loved her so much and it was had to let go, but by Allah, he recovered over his heartache. So seeing my uncle go through that was really tough and I had to ensure that I don't go what he went through. ''I have no problem with you already being in a relationship before but the only thing I will be concerned of is if your heart is still attached to him.''

After we go back and forth asking each other questions, I finally decide to turn around and see her.

"

------

Jawariyah's POV

''Grandma wants you to wake up. It's dinner time.'' I groan and rub my eyes.

I sit up straight in bed, have I been sleeping that long?

I grab Harison around the waist and tickle him until he's shriek with laughter then I pull him close to me stroking his black hair.