Chapter 18

Muhammad's POV

Muhammad's POV

"Do you work?" I ask Jacob, he smiles at me nodding his head.

"I work at the grocery store near my house." He replies.

I nod. I look over to my dad who's grinning from ear to ear. I didn't know it was gonna go like this, my dad had backed up on speaking with Jacob especially the part where questions were supposed to be asked. Hannah had made me make a  pledge to her that I wasn't going to ask stupid questions or uncomfortable ones because she didn't want to Jacob thinks our family being weird or anything of some sort.

Jacob isn't the guy I expect to fall in love with my sister because looks like those type of boys who would spend their lives chasing after girls. I'm not judging, just stating my opinion. He's gone all out with a grey tuxedo and hair brushed to the side with the biggest smile. At first
, I didn't like him because the way he walked through the front door was like a cool kid entering a scene in where he's introduced as the school's bad boy. But as soon as I heard him speak I was impressed. He's so humble and gentle with his words.

As an older brother, I will do anything to make sure my sister's happy but I would make sure her happiness of her wouldn't cause regret or sadness later in her life. I knew straight away that Jacob was the best husband I could choose my sister as soon as he spoke. I didn't have to ask him anymore question about himself because I felt like Hannah had already given me a twelve-hour speech about him in which she spent five hours describing his appearance. What can I say? I couldn't blame her. I had once been like that.

"What do you find so special about my sister?" Hannah had insisted me to ask this question because she wanted to know what was so special about her than other girls. And I'm clearly expecting a very cheesy answer along the lines of Her smile melts my heart.

"Her love of the deen and her fear of Allah." He replies completely surprising me. "It was my idea for us to start dating but she refused to say that if I fear Allah than I would different between halal and haram."

"What do your parents think about you getting married at this young age?"

"My father loves the idea since it would keep me from doing haram." I nod at him. "However, my mum wouldn't imagine having to let go of me at this tender age."

"Can you call Hannah in please?" I look over to mum, she nods getting up and walking out to the living room.

Hannah's wearing a brand new black Abaya covered in pearls that she had insisted mum to buy for her. She's ditched her black hijab for a dark red one.

I don't think she's nervous at all, she's never been that type at all.

"Come over here, Hannah," I call to her. She walks over to me crouching on the floor in front of me.

 "Do they have your blessings dad?''

Dad smiles. "Yes, you both have my blessings."

"Mum?" I can see a tear fall down on her cheeks.

"Yes, you have my blessings." She smiles.

Hannah looks up at me tears streaming down her cheeks. "Do we have your blessings?"

"You have my blessings." I am already getting emotional. " May Allah grant you a blessed future together filled with love and mercy. "