16

Why does pain feel so good? Heartbreak, the pain just felt good. The overwhelming amount of emotions.

This had happened too many times- him sitting against the wall with tears streaming down his face.

But strangely, he felt satisfied and better. The weight on his shoulders were gone, now that he had been rejected so easily. It was like listening to a sad song. It made you feel sad, but it was a beautiful song.

Who did Hinata like then? Was it Kenma? The setter from Nekoma always had a close relationship with Hinata. His teammates teased him often for his change in behaviour with Hinata.

Even though Hinata seemed happy and energetic most of the time too, he seemed different around Kenma too. Kageyama wasn't very observant, like Tsukishima was, but there was definitely something there.

So was he worthless? He only felt the spark with Hinata, and noone else. He had considered maybe he was asexual before. But when he met Hinata he knew he was in love.

If Hinata didn't love him, who would? He was never a very likeable person, and never in the least bit charismatic. He was often confused on emotions and how to deal with them. The only thing he loved was volleyball until he met Hinata.

No... he loved his team. His team was always there for him.

But did his team love him back?

Did everyone secretly hate him?

Was he too dumb to figure it out?

Questions. Doubts. It filled his head, but Kageyama decided this was too much. All he had been doing was sitting around crying and grieving.

When did he become so lame? He didn't have the time to be such a loser. He was here to win. He was a volleyball player, not some loser who had no control over his feelings.

So he smiled.

Maybe this was a lesson. He knew this was just another chapter in his life. He collapsed on the ground, exhausted from all. No one was around so he decided to lie flat on the cold floor of the building.

"What in the world are you doing?" Tsukishima asked, suddenly appearing next to him, his 190cm stature towering over him.

"Gosh!" Kageyama said, quickly getting to his feet. "Why did you sneak up like that?"

"I didn't sneak up, and this is a school, not your house."

He couldn't get himself out of that one. "Why are you here?"

"I'm getting that the message that you don't want me here."

"Well... I just didn't expect it." Kageyama shifted uncomfortably. 

"So you don't mind me being here?"

"I don't care," he muttered back.

"Yes you do." Why did he have to know everything? Kageyama wished he could be as smart as him. Of course he cared.

"Okay, but why are you at school? It's Saturday."

"Why are you?" 

"I had nowhere to go," Kageyama admitted. "You?"

"Volleyball practice," the middle blocker replied simply.

Was Kageyama so tired that he misheard? "There's no volleyball practice today..."

"We've been practicing everyday while Hinata's resting and you're moping."

"...what!?"

"You heard me," Tsukishima scoffed. "Don't know about you but I'm here to win this thing. So are you going to come back or what?"