20

"Please show me how to do a jump serve!" 

Kageyama felt excited and energized, eager to learn. His upperclassmen all seemed extremely cool and skilled, and he was hoping to become like them.

"What's this?" Oikawa replied sarcastically. "You want to hear my motto?

"That's not it,"  Kageyama said cluelessly. "I want you to show me how to do a serve toss-"

" 'If youre going to attack, then do it until it breaks' " Oikawa continued pretending he didn't hear Kageyama at all.

"Is that so?" the younger boy was as innocent as ever. "Could you do a jump serve-"

"Don't wanna!" Oikawa snapped. "Why should i help someone who'll be a threat in the future?You're an idiot, idiot"

Kageyama was taken aback, and felt his view of his upperclassmen change in that one moment. Sometimes it just takes on moment for your opinion to change, like a snap of fingers.

He felt hurt. 

He wasn't a bad kid, and he didn't try to hurt anyone. Being called a threat was something he had never heard before.

"Oikawa don't pick fights with the first-years!" Iwaizumi called out, as he put away the balls.

Maybe Iwaizumi was different, Kageyama thought to himself.

But throughout junior high, he barely ever spoke to the older boy. Oikawa constantly picked on Kageyama when he could, but Iwaizumi would usually be there to stop him from going to far.

Kageyama was just a threat to OIkawa. To Iwaizumi, who was he? He considered that he could have been a friend, but everything said otherwise.

Now that he was in such a condition, he saw Iwaizumi care for him and with that, he isolated himself from everone else. 

"There's no one I fear more than Oikawa."

He had claimed that before, and it was still true, but maybe Oikawa wasn't all the bad truly.

Kageyama forgot that he had a team as well. 

Tsukishima was a bit annnoying but he definitely cared for the team, and Yamaguchi as well of course.  Tanaka and Nishinoya were a quite a unique pair,and were obviously extremely encouraging and hyper. Daichi and Asahi were responsible third-years who looked out for Kageyama and helped him learn and mature.

Kazuhito, Ennoshita were the most supportive people ever, always encouraging Kageyama from the bench. The managers Yachi and Kiyoko were of course the most caring people he'd ever ask for, and they dedicated their time helping the team which Kageyama greatly appreciated. Takeda-sensei and Coach Ukai were amazing coaches and teachers. T