I

*Disclaimer- I do NOT own any of the Harry Potter characters, only the ones that I, myself, created. All of the Harry Potter characters belong to the amazing J.K. Rowling.*

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"To hurt is as human as to breath."

- J.K. Rowling

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hermione's P.O.V. -

A pounding of a fist echoed throughout the apartment.

"Hermione! Come on we need to beat the crowd!" Ginny shouted from the front door.

"Coming!" I called as I rushed from my room. I opened the door quickly, only to grumble under my breath as I turned around to turn the lights off.

About midway to the light switch, the light disappeared. "Honestly, Hermione! You're a witch," she exclaimed, sticking her wand back in her coat. I quickly made my way back to the front door, barely catching myself when my foot decides it wants to trip over nothing but carpet. 

A slight laugh escaped Ginny as I make my way over. "Not a word- Ginevra," I stated, using the last word tauntingly. Her laughing ceased, a slightly irritated look replaced the hint of a smile. 

"Don't call me-" 

"Oh yes, I know," I responded, grabbing her hand and whisking us away. 

We appeared in an alleyway a block away from the club Ginny wanted to see, one of the only witches and wizards clubs in London. We exited the ally and merged with the nighttime traffic of pedestrians. I tugged down slightly on the knee-length, tight dress as an unexpected breeze blew our direction.

"Ginny do I really have to go?" I whined to her as we neared the club. Her eyebrows go up slightly before she speaks and I groan internally, knowing that I'm in for the speech of a lifetime.

"Hermione, I barely get to do anything with you anymore. 'I need to get my ministry report finished up, can we go another time?' or 'I was actually going to go spend some time with Ron, can we go tomorrow instead?' We're going to do something together!" She demanded as we entered the club. "I miss my best friend." 

"Okay," I replied in an understanding voice. We glanced around to see if there were any open tables, but there seemed to be none. "Over there!" I shouted loudly over the music, gaining Ginny's attention and pointing her to the bar near the back of the room. We scurried through the crowd of people on the dance floor, agitating some people that were dancing with a passion that- let's just say a passion. I sat down on the swiveling bar stool and faced the room, wanting to have a good view. Since the war, it's become a habit of mine that I've just kept.

"So how are you and Harry?" I ask her as she orders a butterbeer for me and a shot of firewhiskey for her. 

"I feel like I hardly see him: he leaves before I awake for work, then comes home after I'm asleep. And every time I do see him, he keeps it brief and curt," she explains, worries evident in her voice. 

We grabbed our drinks from the waiter, Ginny downing hers while I take small drinks from mine. "I feel you, Ginny. Ron has been acting like that too, but it's been for like three or four months now. I mean it's not so much as to him ignoring me, but he never shows any emotion anymore when we hold a conversation. Just a blank face." 

She downs another shot of firewhiskey.

"What do you think they're doing? Are they cheating on us? How could they do that to us? We've given them our hearts and our time and they just broke it like it was nothin-" 

I cut her off. "Ginny, stop! This is Harry and Ron we're talking about. We've all grown up together, you know they wouldn't do that." My throat closed when I saw who walked through the door. 

They managed to find the only unoccupied table on the far side of the room that we missed tucked in the back corner away from the crowd. 

"Harry said he was busy tonight," Ginny stated, confusion evident in her voice. She turns her head back to me. "Didn't Ron tell you that he was going to head to bed early?"

I nodded. "I'm not mad that they went out, I just don't know why they lied about it."

Ginny's lips pursed. "Maybe it was a last-minute thing?"

We sat there for another minute or so before I grabbed her arm and stood up.

"Wh-"

"Come on, Ginny. You want to see what they're doing here: let's go." She looked up at me from her stool and contemplated what I said.

"Oh, alright. Come on then."

She stood and led the way, the table getting closer and closer until we were almost right in front of them.

Harry spotted us first, tapping Ron's arm across the table before glancing at us. 

We slid into the booth, Ginny sitting right next to Harry and me next to Ron.

"So," Ginny started, trying to diffuse the tension, "Work, huh?"

Harry clasped his hands together on the table and glanced at Ron, an anxious look on both of their faces. They glanced at each other for a second before they seemed to come to some sort of agreement, but neither seemed entirely pleased about it.

I inhaled a shaky breath, fearing the worst. "Ron," he didn't look at me. "Ron, what is it?"

"Ginny, can you and Harry go sit somewhere else for a little bit?" he asked, Ginny's nose scrunched up a bit in confusion. "I need to talk to Hermione and Harry has something to discuss with you, as well." 

This is it, I thought. And as Ginny and I looked at each other, I could tell she knew it too.

(x . x)

*Hey guys!

Vote if you like and comment for fun!

Love you guys! Stay groovy!*