XXIV

Hermione's  P.O.V. :

"By Hermione, see you tomorrow!" I waved at Gracen then the rest of my co-workers as we left to swing by the apartment for us to grab something to eat, seeing as we talked with them through lunch. I glanced at my watch and waved at Natalie as we walked through the lobby, noticing that it was two in the afternoon already.

"It's two."

"Do you want to just head back to the apartment to get something to eat?" he asked, walking beside me as we walked out of the front doors.

"Sure, and if you don't mind could we perhaps walk down the street a little ways to a clothing store. I don't have something "nice,  but not formal," I said, quoting what he said yesterday. "All I got at Changs was formal, nice clothes and nice work clothes."

He rolled his eyes playfully and smiled, "I mean I guess."

About halfway two teenage boys, that were obviously muggles by their clothing, walked by us and whistled at me.

I turn around, about to teach them some manners when Draco wraps his arms around me and pulls me back. I try to wriggle my way out of his grip, but only hear a couple of grunts from him. I stop struggling when I see them walk around the corner. I twist around in his arms to face him, "I could have totally handled that," I said accusingly, furrowing my eyebrows when he started laughing at me.

"Hermione," he looked down at me with some emotion in his eyes that I couldn't decipher and an amused smile. He pushed a couple of strands of hair behind my ear. "I fear for their lives, seeing as they'd have to face your fury. Trust me, I know you can handle yourself."

The pad of his thumb brushed against my temple when he pushed my hair back. My ears heated up as I became aware of how close he was, one of his arms around my back.

Merlin, Hermione get a grip.

My heart hammered against my chest, and I prayed that he wouldn't notice.

He smirked, letting me know that the world is certainly against me, and leaned towards my ear. "Do I make you nervous?"

The slight smirk in his voice was evident as I worked on recovering my voice before speaking.

Sometimes, my conscience whispered. "No, you don't," I said with a steady voice, gritting my teeth in defiance.

Liar.

And as I stared into his eyes, I realized that two can play a game of taunting. With a newfound confidence I slowly pushed my hands from his chest up to his neck, surprising him when I curled my fingers in his hair. I started to lean forward as he slowly leaned his head down and close his eyes, anticipating a kiss.

I leaned back slightly and smirked at his slightly puckered up lips and closed eyes before working out of his arms and continued walking in the stores direction.

I turned around to see him blushing slightly while staring where I was standing in surprise before blinking and looking at me. I sent him a smirk that would make other wizards assume I was a Slytherin and turned back around, swaying my hips slightly as I walked.

I gasped slightly in surprise when I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me into his side as we walked. He leaned his head near my ear as we walked towards the store and whispered, "Cruel, beautiful female," shivers went down my spine at his slightly husky voice. "I'll get you back for that, Granger."

(OoO)

Blaise's P.O.V. :
"What?!" she exclaimed, laughing in shock and amusement.

I smiled at her laugh before confirming what I told her. "He honestly did. Draco sneezed while sitting on a window ledge at Hogwarts and he fell out the window." She laid her head on the table of the small round booth that we were sitting at in the back of the cozy cafe before turning to look at me with a smile on my face.

"Wow," she said, practically glowing from all the laughter.

Beautiful, I thought to myself. I then scratched the back of his neck and smiled.

"Well, after he fell out the window, I ran towards him laughing. But then I slipped on a small puddle in front of the window and ended up falling out as well."

By now she was almost rolling on the floor laughing. "I wish I was there to see it."

I smiled at her when she leaned her head on my shoulder. She then grabbed her tea cup and began drinking from it while I looked out the window, both of us comfortable in our content silence.

Suddenly, Ginny broke her silence when she started choking on her tea. She put her hand over her mouth and started coughing while I patted her on the back.

"Look," she croaked out, pointing towards the window on the far side of the room that looked out onto the street.

I looked towards the window to see Draco and Hermione standing outside. "Well that's quite a coincidence." I looked towards her to see her gasp then squeal at something she saw outside. She then hit me really hard in the arm, causing me to grunt.

"Geez woman, what did I do to deserve that?" She looked at me and rolled her eyes when she saw the amusement in my eyes.

She shoved my shoulders around just in time for me to see Hermione lean in for a kiss.....

"Ohhh," I started laughing while Ginny furrowed her eyebrows in frustration at the scene. "Man that must suck." Draco stood waiting for his kiss, then opened his eyes just in time to see Hermione slink off like a snake.

Still in thought, Ginny starts talking. "She's stubborn, that Hermione."

"What do you mean?" I asked, clueless as to what she's talking about.

"Does Draco like Hermione?" My mouth opened in shock, before I quickly recovered. I ran my hand through my hair nervously.

"Why would you say that?" I asked normally. Or at least I hoped it sounded normal.

Her eyes widen and her mouth opened to a shocked expression. "I knew it!"

"Shhhh."

"Oh sorry," she said quietly, biting her lip slightly before grinning like an idiot. "I knew it."

I grabbed her hand. "You can't tell anyone," I told her, praying that she wouldn't.

"Oh don't worry, I won't. I need your help though." She shifted around in her seat till she was fully facing me. "Draco and Hermione are both stubborn people, which means that when this is over they will probably try to stay friends." She paused to let it sink in before gesturing to us to. "We, though, need to do our duties as their best friends and keep them together because we both know that they really do like each other but are too stubborn to admit it. It's just in their personalities."

I nodded, "That is true, they can both be very stubborn when they want to." I looked at her before continuing. "So what do we do?"

*Hey guys! So how did you like the chapter?

I'm going to be gone till Friday without any cell signal so I'll do a double update.

What do you think Blaise and Ginny are going to do?

Thank you so much for voting and commenting!

Vote if you like, comment for fun, and read on :=)

Love you guys! Stay Groovy!