XXX

*P.S. - I've hidden some references of different sorts throughout the chapter. Comment if you get the reference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione's P. O.V. :

The sound of distant laughter and scratching of quills could slightly be heard through the glass door.

I continued scribbling my signature when it required and adding up the financial numbers. If I hadn't believed that the Malfoy's were rich before, this riddikulus amount of gallons definitely proved it. I looked through the wall to see Draco working with his head bent over his desk, a troubled look on his face.

"He usually has lunch delivered on these tough days, you know."

Startled, I swung around in my chair to see Gracen leaning against the wall by the door staring at me.

"I was going to come talk to you about a financial report, but that can wait," she said, her slight American accent coming out into her voice as she walked towards me.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when she pulled my hair down from its bun and parted my hair. Making me look less strict and uptight. She pulled me up before looking me in the eyes.

"Now lets get down to business. Draco is a stubborn man that thinks he can do everything on his own. Look at him," she insisted, turning me to face his office. "He's obviously frustrated."

I nodded at her statement, seeing him run his hands through his hair before rubbing his face.

"And he's not going to move from that spot today unless he needs to go to the loo, or it's dusk." She turned me back towards her. "Now I'm not going to get in the middle of whatever is happening between you two-"

"What?" I asked, utterly confused at what she said.

She waved her hand dismissively at me. "Never mind, forget I said that. Anyway, I see the way he looks at you. There's obviously something there that wasn't there before-"

"Before?"

"At Hogwarts. Anyway," she said, getting back to the point. "I've heard that you're the brightest witch of your age. If anyone can get him out of that office, it's you."

She began pushing me towards my office door.

"What-"

"Just let it happen," she replied.

I walked over to his office door, before turning back to look at Gracen. Finding four sets of eyes through different office walls I opened the door before slipping inside.

He had his head in his hands, rubbing his temples. I advanced towards his desk, not exactly quiet, yet he still didn't look up.

I got within a foot of his desk before speaking up.

"Draco."

He jumped a little in surprise, his hand twitching towards his wand on his desk until he saw it was me.

"Sorry," he apologized.

I walk closer to the desk. "No, it's okay. I totally understand. When someone or something spooks me, I still jerk for my wand." A sad smile pulled onto my face. "I guess it's just another habit that we'll never lose."

He nodded in agreement, a sad smile gracing his face as well.

He leaned back in his chair. "So Miss Granger, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"You looked very frustrated so I was wondering if you wanted to take a break and grab a quick lunch." I wrung my hands out, chastising myself for not thinking that he might not want to go out for lunch today.