XXIII

*Aww, poor kid. Sometimes I feel the urge just to try it to make sure, but I never act on it.*

Ginny's P.O.V. :

"Move out of my way!!"

I had just exited the locker room to go wait for Blaise, but since I got out early he wasn't here yet. Meaning that I was left by myself to fend off all these reporters and photographers.

I guess the media still hasn't died down yet.

"Come on! A couple of questions never hurt anyone!" The chubby short guy standing next to me said.

"Move over! I started asking nicely, but if you don't move I'll be forced to take extreme measures!" I gritted my teeth when the guy had the nerve to grin.

"Oh please you won't do anything to me! I could ruin your life if you so much as jinks me."  He was too busy talking to notice all of the other reporters slowly back up, some even disapperating. "So I suggest that you do as you're told and answer some questions!" By the time he was done with his stupid rant, he was a little pink in the face to notice a shadow casting over him.

Two hands grabbed his shoulders and he froze. "Now, that is no way to speak to a lady." His deep voice was actually kind of a turn on, unlike Harry's high squeaky voice. His face lost color until it was pale.

I looked up a little as a victorious smile came onto my face. "Mr. Roberts, is it?"

Blaise came to my side and wrapped his arms around me while Mr. Roberts nodded in affirmation. I leaned back into his warm chest.

"I happen to treat your Grandmother in St. Mungo's and she says that you are just the sweetest thing. I'd be a shame if she knew otherwise, now wouldn't it?" I stifled a smile as the reporter turned red again.

An angry look came on to his face. "Now, you can't blackmail me! That's not-"

"Fair?!" It was Blaise's turn to be irritated. "You just threatened to ruin my girlfriend's life and you tell me that I'm not fair?!"

He opened his mouth to reply, but was then cut off by Blaise.

"There are a couple things I absolutely loathe, one of them being hypocrites. Most may find that I am very easy to get along with, but if you mess with someone that I deeply care about, then it will not be pretty. You mess with her, then you mess with me. And trust me when I say this, I have friends in high and low places, one of them being your boss. I'm sure I can just sweep on by the Daily Prophet office and call in a favor to Mrs. Taylor, especially when she hears how horrible and threatening you are being to clients that purchase the Daily Prophet." Blaise's voice was a deep scary tone that would make others run the another direction, but for me it just sent pleasurable chills down my spine. By the time he was finished Mr. Roberts was looking flabbergasted and I was looking at him in awe.

The fact that he could claimed that I was someone he deeply cared about made me smile, even if there was a possibility that his words were just for show.

"Now apologized," Mr. Roberts gave him an incredulous look, but he just raised an eyebrow in return.

After gritting his teeth, he turned to me and started talking in a monotone voice. "I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?"

I pursed my lips in fake concentration before answering. "Ehhh, I'll think about it."

"Take my word for it when I say it's in your best interest to leave my friends and I alone." He turned me around and started walking away with his arm still around me. He nodded to the other reprorters that were writing down his speech, flashing pictures of us while smiling, obviously not liking Mr. Roberts as well. "Good day."

I waved and smiled, especially at Mr. Roberts. He just glowered at me, though, as we walked towards the entrance then disapperated.

I looked to Blaise as we walked towards a cafe in Northern London called "Daytime" to notice that he had sort of a frown on his face.

I touched his shoulder lightly. "Hey are you okay," I asked concern evident in my voice as I stared up to his face. He turned down to look at me and his gaze softened when it saw my concerned expression.

"I'm okay I guess, just angry at the nerve of some people."

I looked up at him and smiled slightly, "Thank you for that back there." I paused for a second to see that we stopped in front of the cafe.

"I meant what I said, about me caring about you. Draco has been the only family I've had for a while." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "My Dad died from cancer when I was five and my mom died in the war."

I hugged him tight and he hugged me back. "Oh Blaise that's dreadful. I know what it's like to loose a family member, but I can't imagine loosing two."

"I'm a lot better now. It's not just me and Draco anymore. I have you and Hermione now too, and I've laughed more with the three of you in the past two weeks than I have since the war."

In that moment, I realized that he was confiding his struggles in me. That he trusted me enough to tell me that he's not always the happy person that he claims to be and that he too has ghosts of the past.

"We're not leaving, Blaise. You two have wormed your way into our lives and we don't want you to leave. Even after all this retaliating stuff has blown over."

"Good."

I smiled up at him and as he smiled back, it seemed as if the sun peaked its way through the typical overcast sky just to shine down on this moment.

Yeah, life is pretty good.

*Hey guys! Thank you so much for voting and commenting! Hope you are enjoying the book! Now, questions....

How did you like the Blinny chapter?

Vote if you like, comment for fun, and read on :=)

Thanks for reading! Love you guys! Stay groovy!*