Chapter 8 ~ WHERE IS SHE?!

WHOOP! Finally an update, sorry for not updating! Shout out to @_jade__101 for making a beautiful picture in they're art book, which it won't let me post, so if you can just send it to my Quotev, I'll be able too! Go follow them!

Funfact for those who haven the started reading yet(GET UP HERE YOU BASTARDS-) I wrote the song for this chapter! Hope it's ok!(I'm not good at song writing-)

Enjoy~!

--------------

Steven POV

I sat with the gems on the couch, though Amethysts was going through the fridge and eating random things. "Amethyst! Take this seriously, we need to find that Ruby!" Pearl said, getting up from the couch and pacing around,"Then why aren't we looking for her instead of pacing around in circles?" Amethyst questioned, smirking, then stuffing an empty milk carton in her mouth. "Amethyst is right! Garnet, why aren't we looking?" Asked Pearl worriedly,"I was thinking of where they could be, but I suppose your right, let's get started," Garnet said in a monotone voice, getting up and walking to the warp pad, the others followed, but when I nearer Garnet stopped me,"It's bedtime Steven, go to sleep, we'll be back in the morning," Garnet said, patting my head.

I sighed, and nodded, heading up the stairs as I heard the gems say 'good night' and warp off. I grabbed my ukulele, then sat down infront of my window, and started to hum a tune, then begin to place it on my ukulele and sing along to it.

*

"As a Ruby, you shine so bright, in the middle of a starry night.

Ruby, why did you have to run away? Living your life in decay.

Oh Ruby, I know that your scared, but that's ok because we're here as well.

Oh Rubyyyyy

I wish that I could find you, because we're all here besides you.

Oh Ruby, look how far we have come, we are so close to being as one...."

*

I then let the ukulele slip out of my hands, as I slip over onto the floor. Slowly drifting into a silent slumber.

I woke up in the water melon town, I look around to see the Stevens' walking out of town, and looked to my side seeing watermelon dog(who was barking at me). I got up and walked along with the group of melon me's, until we arrived at a cave, and all the Stevens stopped. I gently pushed myself through, trying to get to the front, and when I did, I gasped at what I saw. A large corruption, who looked angry, and was growling, I then hear a whimper behind it. I looked behind it too see Cheeky! I need to wake up to tell the Gems!

I wake up frantically looking around, I was in my bed, Pearl or Garnet must've done it. I get up and run to the temple door, bashing my hand on it,"Pearl! Amethyst! Garnet!" I shouted, as they all ran out alarmed. "STEVEN?! What is the meaning of this!" Pearl shouted, with her spear out,"I know where Cheeky is!" I said, waving my arms in the air frantically,"Who's Cheeky?" Amethyst questioned, with her arms crossed as she leaned on the door. "It's that Ruby you scared, she's on Mask Island! And she's not alone!" I said, panicking at the thought of the corruption attacking her. "What do you mean by that?" Garnet questioned in her mono toned voice. "She's with a corruption!" I explained, in a worried tone, the others gasp,"We must leave immediately!" Garnet shouted,"Wait! I need to change!" I said, running to my room.

~Ten-fifteen minutes later~

I finished getting ready, and ran down to the steps,"Alright let's go!" I said, as the warp pad activated and Peridot warped in with Amethyst,"Huh? Peridot? What are you doing here?" I asked, as Peridot smirked. "Well! I heard there was a corruption! And since I have taken care of two of corruptions so far, I decided I could lend you a hand, as you might struggle without me," Peridot said, happily. I nodded with a 'hm!' Of approval, and we all got to the warp pad and warped off to Mask Island.