Chapter 47: Homecoming

Quick Key:

(M/n) = Mom's name (or female guardian)

(D/n) = Dad's name (or male guardian)

-----

"I've literally been abducted twice, why is this the most nerve racking thing I've ever experienced," Y/n sighed as they sat with Rose Quartz, "I wish they could meet you... My big, space, dream mom," Y/n laughed

"My, I would've love to, but unfortunately, it can't be," Rose Quartz giggled a bit at Y/n, "But, I appreciate you think so highly of me,"

"Of course," Y/n said, "I mean, you're the greatest help I've had,"

"You would have been just fine without my help," Rose Quartz assured, "But I'm still glad to have provided it,"

"So, do you think everything is gonna turn out alright? I mean, with my parents coming and all?" Y/n asked

"I'm sure in the end all will work out," Rose Quartz told as she brushed Y/n's hair to calm them

"I hope so," Y/n said, "I got Mr. Fryman to agree to letting me stay in the attic if my parents let me stay,"

"You also got the recommendation letter from your school leader, correct?" Rose Quartz asked

"My principal, yeah," Y/n nodded, "That should be a plus,"

"Yes, an appeal to authority usually does help," Rose Quartz said, "Will you be demonstrating your new found abilities and strengths to your makers?"

"No, no, no," Y/n said fervently, "They'll flip if they found out I'm working with real swords... or that I own a gun. And I don't really wanna demonstrate I have tough skin or my bones are heard to break,"

"What about your aim? Surely they'd love to see this strength," Rose Quartz insisted

"Maybe I'll show them I've gotten stronger, do some pull ups or something," Y/n said, "Ooh! I could play the ukulele! They'd love that I learned an instrument!"

"You should have Greg teach you guitar," Rose Quartz suggested, "Oh, he would love that... Teaching you his favorite instrument,"

"That sounds like fun, I'll ask him," Y/n smiled

"You'll have to show me what you've learned later on," Rose Quartz said, "Now, it's time for you to place your plan into action,"

"Alright, let's do this," Y/n nodded

--------------------

"Your parents are coming soon," Mr. Fryman told as Y/n stepped down the stairs in neat clothing, "So, you really wanna stay, huh?"

"I'd like to," Y/n nodded

"Listen, I'll vouch for as much as I can," Mr. Fryman told, "But if they say no, I'm not gonna fight them on it,"

"Understood," Y/n said, "You think they'll bite?"

"I've got no clue," Mr. Fryman admitted, "But... I hope they do,"

"You and me both," Y/n laughed as they peaked out the window and saw Greg approaching in fancy clothing, at least relative to what he usually wears, "Huh... Something Greg-ed this way comes,"

"Did someone order a responsible guardian?" Greg entered the shop proudly as he posed

"No?" Y/n frowned

"What?" Greg's enthusiasm immediately left him, "Steven told me you needed me to be your father figure for when your parents come,"

"Uh," Y/n laughed a bit, "I think that's what Mr. Fryman is for,"