Part 13

"Seriously Naruto? I thought you were a better father than me" he said while finishing on reading all the reports. Naruto, who's head was laying on the desk, sighed in frustration.

"I know teme. Even Sakura-chan tells me to solve this mess, but how?" he said while rubbing his tired eyes.

Sasuke stood still, thinking of everything a possible way to bring Himawari back from wherever she is right now without making a big deal about.

But, the Fifth Great Ninja War is a big deal.

"Teme! Don't stay there like that! At least tell me something"

Sasuke glared at his friend before closing his eyes.

'This usuratonkachi'

"Sasuke!"

"You want me to tell you my opinion? Fine" he said in an annoyed tone. "Why the fuck you didn't tell her the truth? She's may be nice and all but she isn't dumb, unlike you"

Suddenly, Shikamaru entered the office with a scroll. "Sorry to interrup you guys, but we have bad news from Unit 1."

"That's Sai's Unit! What is it dattebayo'?" Naruto asked anxiously.

"Otsusuki members are on the move. The ANBU have seen them near the Training Camps, specially near the Hidden Grass Village."

"Konoha teams are there right?" Sasuke said.

"Yeah, also, Kurama detected Himawari's chakra near that camp a few weeks ago" Naruto added.

"It's hard to believe that Himawari's in that camp. Many of the strongest ninjas from all the nations are there training." Sasuke said.

"That's right. If Himawari managed to get in there she would've been discovered a while ago" The Nara added.

"So, if it's not for Himawari, then why are they movig like that?" Naruto asked.

"Boruto's Jougan?" The Uchiha replied.

"Or.." Shikamaru said. "They're trying to kill our troops before he main battle."

"Then we gotta go!" Naruto stood up. "The time has come for us to make our move"

Hours passed and Naruto finally came home from work. It was late night and he was about to enter his house.

"I'm home!" he said calmly as he entered, only to see an empty hallway. Naruto suddenly remembered the days when a special little girl always ran up to him with open arms to greet him.

Flashback

"I'm home!" Naruto said in a tired tone before getting almost tackled by a little girl.

"Papa you came back!" a young girl with 8 years old greeted him with hugs and kisses.

"Hey, Himawari! I'm happy to see you too dattebayo!"

"Welcome home, Naruto-kun" Hinata said while seeing the cute scene from afar.

"Papa! Today I learned to do mama's jutsu! The one about the Lions!" she said in a happy tone.

"Really? That's great!" he said with a small smile.

"Heh! That's cute Hima-chan but I learned something else. Look!" Boruto said while doing some hand signs his father knew very well.

"BORUTO WAIT!!"

End of Flashback

"Naruto-kun?" Hinata said while taking him out of thoughts. "What's wrong?"

Naruto looked at his wife confused. He noticed how things had changed since the day he became Hokage.

"Ah, it's nothing Hinata" he said while kissing and hugging her. "I'm just tired, that's all"

"You miss them right?" she asked while he gasped. Then Hinata saw how he lowered his head.

"I thought... I did my best to mantain a world of peace for them" he said. "I guess I failed."

"You did your best Naruto-kun. You still do" Hinata said before sighing and looking to a small photo of both of their kids. "I miss them too..."

"Hinata... the time has come. We must make our move" he said while Hinata closed her eyes and took a big breath. "I...need you to take care of the village for me.."

He noticed how her wife trembled before nodding. Naruto knew she was afraid, not from taking the lead of the Hidden Leaf Village. Instead, she was afraid of loosing her entire family in battle. It happened once, when her cousin Neji died during the last war.

She felt how Naruto's arms wrapped her body in a warm hug as she cried in silence.

"I'll bring them back safetly, Hinata" his husband murmured as she broke the hug.

"I...I found this on our room" Hinata said while she pulled out a sunflower pin the Uzumaki recognized very well. "She left it whhere you had your scroll about the war.."

"Scroll?" Naruto asked confused as he looked at the pin. "Wait you mean.."

Hinata looked at the desperate look his husband gave before rushing to their room. She followed him and found him looking through the room anxiously.

"No, no, no, it can't be!"

"What is it?"

"The scroll! She took it!"

"And..?"

"It's the one that says EVERYTHING about the war....and about her"

Hinata's eyes widened as she realized what he meant. "Wait why would you have in our house such an important scroll like THAT!?!?!"

"I was about to return it to the office! But she took it away!"

Hinata took two steps back before leaning against the wall in shock.

"Oh Kami"