Part 18

I was in shock. Seeing all the houses, stores, the dead ones... Everything made my whole body tremble. I tried so hard to not have a mental breakdown once I saw everything.

'They died, because of me'

I kept on looking for any survivors, but the only thing I found was a small, dirty doll laying on the floor. I picked it up, thinking of the innocent person that it belonged to.

'I'm sorry'

"I don't get it dattebasa!" I heard my brother say in furstration. Well, everyone was like that. Nobody could understand why they attacked a small village that doesn't have anything to do with us.

"Unit 1 and 2 should be near here. They must've been aware of this" said Sarada while touching her glasses.

"Remember all the camps were attacked at the same time" Kyo said while playing with her lollipop.

"Commander!!" yelled Katsuro, gaining everyone's attention. As we approached him we began to see a scene anyone could've expected.

Everyone gasped as they saw a whole army of dead shinobi's laying on the ground.

'It can't be...'

Then we saw how Iwabe came to us with a dark bandage with the shinobi symbol.

"They killed Unit 2" he murmured while everyone stood in shock.

"What?" Inojin said trying not to break down. "That means..."

"What is it?" I asked carefully.

"Unit 2 is where the main force of communications stood" Sumire said. "Inojin's father and Denki were assigned to that unit."

"But I thought unit 1 and 2 were located at Sunagakure"

"It is" Mitsuki added. "But apparently Unit 2 was closer to this village, and if Denki and Inojin's father were here..."

"We're still not sure" Ayame said. "Many of these ninjas are from the Hidden Stone. Maybe there were some survivors"

"Even if there were any survivors" Hisoka added. "This places us in a difficult situation"

"Hisoka's right" our superior said. "If Unit 2 is completely dead then we're the Five Nation's only hope"

I looked at Inojin who had his head down and placed my hand on his shoulder. Iwabe was also lightly depressed.

"I bet he's okay Inojin." I said before turning to see Iwabe. "The same goes for your friend Denki"

"So, what now?" Takeo said.

"We can't keep going in the same direction" Shikadai said. "It's troublesome for us, but we have no option."

"Great this means more time walking" ChoCho complained.

"No Akimichi-san" said our superior. "We have to take a shortcut"

"Oooh! I like that!!" she said joyfully.

"Seriously how are you even a ninja" Ayame said annoyed.

"We have to go to the mountain" Shikadai added. "That way, we could buy some time while watching our enemy's steps."

"They're Otsusuki, Nara" Kyo said. "They have way better abilities than us."

"But the mountain's high" Katsuro added. "We could hide between the clouds of the mist"

"And sense their chakra's without getting discovered" Hisako added.

"Looks like we have a plan" our superior said. "Well then, let's move! We don't have time to waste!!"

"Hai!!"

Hours later, we were walking through the mountain. Chocho was extremely tired but managed to keep up. Everyone was quiet and the atmosphere was tense. The wind was playing his part. It was making our way a bit struggling.

I managed to keep up with them while carrying my bag. Suddenly, I felt like one of the pockets was opening itself due to the wind...and one of the bombs I had with me fell to the ground.

'No!'

I gasped as I turned around to catch it before it hit the ground but the wind betrayed me and didn't let me get it.

And then it exploded.

Then, everyone turned around and stopped walking. I watched the whole conmotion it made as I tried to get up.

'Great'

"What was that?!?!?" said our superior while walking towards me with rage.

"I-I.."

"You just showed the enemy our position!-" Then an arrow hit his neck from one side to another, killing him in the process.

"Commander!" Sumire yelled.

Then lot's of arrow's where throwed to us.

"We have to move!!" Katsuro said. "Find shelter!!"

"We gotta create shadow clones!" Sarada yelled. "Boruto! Help Sumire take the Commander's body!"

"It's useless! He's dead!" Sumire yelled.

"Then let's go dattebasa!!" Boruto said while pulling the purple haired ninja.

"I found shelter!!" I yelled while signaling them to come. Once we reunited we started striking back.

"Wind users!" Katsuro yelled, making Ayame and the rest of them to use their wind techniques.

'It's working!'

"It's working!" Inojin said.

"Fire users, attack!!" Katsuro yelled while Sarada did her Fireball jutsu. After a few tries, we managed to survive.

"We did it!" Takeo yelled in relief.

Everyone cheered for victory and relief, except Katsuro and Sarada.

"Stay alert!!" Sarada said. "This isn't over!"

Then everyone shut up as they sensed many traces of chakra from the other side of the mountain. Suddenly, a strange white figure emerged from no where.

"Wait...but that's" said Mitsuki as more soilders emerged, revealing a huge army of Otsusuki members.

"Impossible.." Kyo said.

"It...It can't...be" Boruto said nervously. I looked at them and then I understood why.

'It's...Momoshinki?'