Part 42

"Here you go!" said Naruto while giving a huge pile of papers to Konohamaru. "This is all the work I couldn't finish due to the war, that requires your priority."

Konohamaru blinked. "Uh...huh.."

"Also, the new year at the Academy will start soon unless you want to postpone it so everyone could work on the reeconstruction.."

"Naruto nii-chan..I-"

"And don't forget the Five Kages meeting you'll be attending in a month. This is important to mantain peace between the five nation dattebayo!"

"Are you quite done Naruto?" said Shikamaru from the door. "Don't scare the poor kid on his first day."

"I'm just making sure everything is settled" Naruto replied with a grin.

"Still, I think I can handle it from now Naruto" Konohamaru added with a light smile. "Thank you anyways."

Naruto laughed before glaring at him. "You better mantain the peace dattebayo! If in a few years we have another war I swear kami the first ass I'm gonna resengan up is yours understood?"

Konohamaru sweat dropped before Naruto left the office with Shikamaru. They walked through the main hall with relief.

"I still can't believe you're leaving me with him now" Shikamaru said tiredly.

"So you're saying you're gonna miss me?! HA! I knew you were gonna miss me!" Naruto replied in excitement.

"As much as I hate to admit it, yes. I'll miss those days you spent overworking yourself in the office." he said with a sighed. "So? What are you gonna do now?"

Naruto stopped in front of the Hokage's building. "I just have to make up for the time I wasn't around my family. It'll be good for us."

"After all you've done, you deserve it." he replied. "By the way, how's she doing?"

Naruto flinched at the question and sighed. "She finally woke up this morning from surgery."

"What will you do with her? The villagers aren't that happy after all what happened."

"Don't worry, we'll find a way Shikamaru!" Naruto said with a grin before rushing to the hospital.

"So, it's been weeks since the war ended?" I asked with confusion as I rubbed my eyes lightly.

"3 weeks and a half, actually" Sarada replied. "Your eyes surgery was complicated, but mama managed to do it without problems."

"Oh..." I mumbled while thinking of everything. My eyes, Toneri, the war... Many things had happened and I'm not so sure if everyone will see me the same way as before.

"So, you finally woke up! That's a good sign" Sakura said while entering to check on me.

"Hey, aunt Sakura" I said while she checked on my eyes.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Dizzy, my eyes itches a little but I'm fine." I said as she kept checking them and the taking some notes.

"You'll stay here a few weeks to make sure everything's okay. Naruto will stay with you from now on."

"Dad? Doesn't he has Hokage duties and a whole village to repair?"

"Konkhamaru will take the lead from now on" dad's voice said from the door, taking everyone by surprise. Then he turned to face Sarada. "You can take the day off Sarada-chan!"

'What? Wait, what!?! How?!?'

Sakura giggled, "Well, I'll be off for a while until you catch up with everything."

I nodded and saw how she left the room, leaving us all alone. Was I surprised? Yes. Confused? Even more! I mean, how the hell he gave up his Hokage duties?!?!

"What?" Dad asked while giving me a huge grin.

'Seriously, my dad is dumbully confusing'

"Why? You always said that you wouldn't stop being the Hokage unless you died" I said while giving him a confused look.

"Oh! Well, it was a choice we agreed on making if things got really bad during the war dattebayo." he said.

"Well, it did got bad" I replied awkwardly.

"Yeah..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Himawari.." he started saying.

"I know he's dead" I replied seriously. "I know Boruto didn't got the chance to make him remember me during battle..."

"Actually, he did remembered you" he replied. "It was right before we were brought back here that he got released from Toneri's power."

"B-But...everything happened so fast! Kawaki barely remembered me when he got sucked into the portal!" I said while my eyes started itching due to the tears.

"Himawari.." Dad said while putting his hands on my shoulders. "He really loves you. Boruto told me the last words he said and believe me, if he weren't his normal self, he wouldn't have said any of that."

I looked at him before nodding. Somehow, he had a sense of truth in his words. But then, why I feel like he's everywhere? I feel him so near, and yet so far...

'But why?'