27. Truth, tears and punishment

Hey!

What's up!

So I am back with a new chapter.

Let's begin.

I woke up and took a shower. I decided to wear a grey t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. Today was the last day of our exams and then finally prom before our graduation.

I looked at the formulas for the last time.

"Dan are you ready?" I shouted.

"Yes I am" he said and entered my room.

We went to school. Currently I was sitting and was revising the answer sheet. I submitted it and then went outside. Everybody was talking how tough the paper was.

I saw Scott and Dan rushing towards Dan's car in a hurry.

I ran towards them.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Ele go home" Scott said with a serious look on his face.

"But-" I said but Dan interrupted "She's coming with us." he said. I sat on the backseat of the car.

Both Dan and Scott looked tensed.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Lucy is in jail and dad is injured." Dan replied.

"What happened? Is Dad okay? Is-" I said curiously.

I can't lose him, again.

"Don't get stressed. We'll find out once we reach the police station." Dan said with an assuring look on his face.

We went to the police station and I literally ran towards the office where dad was.

"Dad are you okay?" I asked and hugged him.

My eyes filled with tears.

"Honey don't cry, dad is here." He said.

"Yes" I said and wiped my tears.

"Scott needs you." Dad said with a sad look.

I went to another room and Scott was talking to the inspector. His eyes were filled with mixed emotions. I sat next to him and held his hand.

I didn't know what was going on. Yet I didn't said anything.

"Excuse me" the inspector said and went out.

He looked into my eyes and then he hugged me.

"I miss him. I remember those nights when my mom cried, I remember those days when I looked at his photo whenever I missed him. They told that my dad was somewhere with another woman. They were proved wrong after one year and the only truth came. Someone killed my dad." He said and hid his face in the crook of my neck. He held me closer to him. I patted his back lightly to comfort him.

Lucy was the one who killed his dad. That man whom she was obsessed with, but he never gave her attention.

"Everything will be fine. Lucy will be punished." I said angrily.

Then we suddenly heard a noise.

"I am innocent. I've not done anything." Said the familiar feminine voice. It was Lucy.

We stood up and Scott walked angrily towards her.

"You bitch, I'll kill you." Scott shouted.

"You're Sophia's son right?" She asked angrily.

"I killed her husband. I loved him so much but he rejected me for her." She shouted but soon realized that everyone was here.

The police arrested her and pulled her away from us.