[11] *~Alistair's Route~*

//Sorry if this is a bit bland and late and kinda cliché, I've been trying to come up with more ideas and I've been kinda stressed. Hope you enjoy tho~ ☆=(ゝω・)/ //

(M/n)'s eyes slowly fluttered open upon hearing the sound of the balcony doors swinging open and the wind whistling through the night. He sat up and rubbed the sleep off his eyes, yawning. What could have possibly made the balcony doors open? Could Alistair have left them unlocked? Even so, he left his feet to dangle off the edge of the bed and stood, a bit unbalanced.

He peeked in the open balcony and saw Alistair facing towards the sky with a cup of tea in hand. He leaned against his chair and let out a heavy sigh, as if he were releasing a deep breath. (M/n) didn't want to disturb so he kept as quiet as he can be.

Why was Alistair on the balcony? Shouldn't he be asleep by now? Yet, he watched as Alistair gazed at the stars longingly. His fingers drummed on the arm of the wooden chair, as if pressing piano keys.

Curiosity taking its advantage, (M/n) spoke without thinking. "Alistair?" The rabbit's ears perked up and he craned his head towards him, eyes wide with surprise. "O-Oh, (M/n)! I didn't realize I've woken you up. I-I sincerely apologize." He stood up and bowed apologetically, lips pursed and eyes filled with guilt.

(M/n) waved a hand to dismiss his gesture. "It's fine, Alistair. Why are you in the balcony?" He questioned, walking closer to Alistair's position. Alistair looked up and stood straight, rubbing his nape. "Well, to shorten it, I was merely stargazing."

To prove his point, he pointed upwards and (M/n) looked up, suddenly holding his breath. Almost millions of stars illuminated the dark canvas, creating a magnificently crafted painting in the sky. Wisps of color scattered in corners as if paint was splattered all over. It was a breathtaking sight, one that could shock even the most amazing of artists.

"Wow..." You could almost see the stars reflecting off the male's astonished eyes. Alistair rested his hands on (M/n)'s shoulders and smiled. "Amazing, is it not? How perfectly they go with the night sky? Ever since I was a child, asides from reading and baking, I had loved star gazing ever so dearly. It helps me relax when I feel tired or stressed."

(M/n) looked back at Alistair. "It is rather calming. It gives you the feeling of tranquility and it gives you a peaceful state of mind." He said, honestly telling him his opinion. It made Alistair's smile grow wider.

"Truly, it never ceases to amaze me. It's as if each time I gaze at it, it becomes more and more awe-inspiring." He said, yet, his gaze was at (M/n). Soon, an idea formed in his head.

He took (M/n)'s hand in his, catching his attention. "Would you like to see my favorite stargazing spot?" Alistair offered, his smile as bright as the shimmering stars above them. (M/n) could feel his heart race as he felt heat spread across his cheeks. At lost for words, he nodded in response instead.

Alistair's ears bounced in delight. "Very well! Let's go~!" As soon as the words came out his mouth, they were already rushing downstairs and towards the door, smiles decorating their faces.

*~*~*~*~*

Their hands were securely interlocked with each other as Alistair guided the way towards his stargazing spot. They weren't that much far from Alistair's house. Trees with purple foliages loomed over them as creatures of unknown species stared at them, wondering as to why two males were walking through the forest in the middle of the night.

"Alistair, are we close?" (M/n) asked out loud, walking at the same speed as Alistair in order to catch up. Alistair gave him a patient smile. "No worries~ It's only a few more steps until we get there." He reassured and faced front once again.