[35] *~Chess's Route~*

//I FORGOT TO UPDATE I'M SO SORRY AS COMPENSATION HERE'S THE TWINS' DESIGNS//

A Few Days Later...

The sun was shining high in the sky, showering the land with light and also a peaceful warmth. For some reason, a frog chirped and a bird croaked, but it did not change the brightened atmosphere surrounding the orphanage when Chess and (M/n) arrived.

Kids swarmed around Chess, hugging his legs and calling out to him all at the same time. One kid pulled on Chess's ponytail. "Meow! Hey, Terrance! No pulling on my hair!" The cat complained.

"Sorry, Chess!" One kid from the enormous amount of kids shouted. (M/n) couldn't help but smile at the sight. Chess really was popular with kids. He could practically see the sparkles in the kids eyes when they saw their familiar visitor with his violin case behind his back. They must've been really hoping for a performance from Chess.

Chess looked across from the sea of kids and pouted directly at (M/n), as if to say "Help me please!" The (H/c) haired male stifled a laugh before walking towards the cat.

"Alright, you little gremlins! Let your big brother Chess walk by himself at least! All of you go sit in front of the willow tree! The show's about to start!" Chess yelled and the children scattered towards the large willow tree with purple leaves, all with big smiles and giggles.

Chess patted down his clothes and let out a sigh of relief. "Sometimes popularity has its downfall. At the very least, the kids followed my instructions for the first time." He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at (M/n).

"Well, they seem to really like you. I mean, look at all their excited smiles and faces~" (M/n) pointed out, crossing his arms. He himself was excited. He was about to see Chess play violin!

Meanwhile, Chess tried his best not to let the pressure get to him. They all had high hopes that he could play well, when he only practiced for two days! Not to mention he still had a problem with his sleeping pattern because of the dream. And Lukas's suspicions. He was tempted to break down right then and there but a feeling in his hand stopped him.

He looked down and saw (M/n) unconsciously holding his hand. It took both of them a few seconds before the shock kicked in. Their faces bursted in a red hue. (M/n) panicked and retracted his hand in a swift motion. "I-I'm sorry, I acted out of reflex! You looked down and I just—"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence when he was pulled into a tight hug, causing his eyes to go wide. He felt Chess's nails dig into his clothes. He could feel his breath against his ear. "It's okay. I needed that. Thank you, Ma—"

Chess jumped and cut himself off. He pulled himself away and gave (M/n) a smile. Although, (M/n) could tell it was forced. The cat regained his composure and patted the (H/c) haired male's back. "Come on! The kids are waiting!"

"CHEEEEEESSS!!!" Before Chess could even walk towards the direction of the sitted children, he was tackled to the ground by small force. By small force, it means our beloved March Hare. Accompanied by Dorie and Allan.

Chess groaned before craning his neck to look at March, who was smiling ever so widely. "We came to see you play!" He said excitedly.

"We saw you and (M/n) passing by and I just so happened to notice that old crusty violin case. Obviously, this is too rare not to see your performance." Allan smiled as Dorie nodded whilst being in his arms. He was wearing a different hat today. A flat cap, that is. And he wasn't in his usual formal tea party attire. But knowing Allan, it's no doubt his top hat would just be in his pocket.

(M/n) helped Chess stand up and check if his violin case was okay. "March does have a habit of tackling people, huh?" He chuckled nervously as he stared at Chess. "That kid is too hyper—He might end up breaking my back sooner or later, haha."