[12] *~Alistair's Route~*

//Mostly lovely Reader-chan and a new character will take place here (~ ̄³ ̄)~ Also this is this week's update. The last chapter was to compensate for last week (T▽T)//

Bustling crowds roamed throughout the large road as (M/n) did his best to identify which building was the library. When Alistair and him woke up, it was nearly nine o' clock and they had to scurry back to the house for Alistair to change into his uniform. Then he bid him a quick goodbye and he was off. Since (M/n) couldn't just stay put in an empty house doing nothing, so he decided to lock the front door (also the back door) and went to venture off in The Capital. Although, things didn't go as he planned it to be.

He got lost in this gigantic crowd and didn't know where he came from or where he should go. Not wanting to be a disturbance in the middle of the road, he stood on the side of the road like a lost child.

'Alistair's going to worry himself to death if he finds out I got lost in The Capital...' (M/n) sighed. He didn't even have any money! Perhaps he really isn't that of a reliable person...much less, rely on himself. His heart ached in anxiety as he scanned through the overwhelming crowd.

There was no use going through that busy crowd. He'd get carried away by the tide and he'd get even more lost. And he was too shy and awkward to ask for directions. The only person he'd ask would be Alistair. But he wasn't here, so he had to find a way to go to the library himself.

The reason he wants to go to the library is to read more about the history of Wonderland, and maybe read some fairy tales while he's at it. Alistair won't come home until dusk so it was okay for him to stay at the library in the mean time. But his plan crumbled before him as he got himself lost. His chest tightened as he leaned on the wall of an unsuspecting building.

"Uhm, hey..." A gentle voice spoke. (M/n) turned his head towards its direction. Standing in front of him, a man with light blue hair and azure eyes looked at him with concern. He wore a white and cerulean vest over a plain dress shirt, prussian blue trousers, and dark brown shoes. Around the collar was a dark blue ribbon loosely wrapped around it. A pair of navy blue glasses rested on the bridge of his nose.

"Are you lost, little kid?" He asked, tilting his head. (M/n) felt a nerve bulge out his neck as he stomped his foot hard on the ground, visibly annoyed. "Who are you calling a little kid?! I am a young adult!" He complained, fuming.

The man stepped back and raised his hands in surrender. "W-Woah! Wait! I apologize for assuming you were a child!" He laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his neck. But that didn't stop from (M/n) from glaring at him. "Just because I'm smaller doesn't give you the right to say I'm a child."

The man waved his hands in a nervous manner. "I already apologized! I know! How about in return, I can do you a favor! How about that?" He tried to reason, beads of sweat forming his temple. (M/n) crossed his arms before nodding.

"Then," He started. "Can you help me find the library?" The man blinked in confusion before laughing. "Hey, what are you laughing for!" The (H/c) haired male complained. The man wiped away some stray tears and pointed beside him. "We're in front of the library!"

...

"WHAT?!"

*~*~*~*~*

"We may have gotten off to a bad start earlier. I'm Rancis Bleau, the librarian of this library." The man introduced himself as he set a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows in front of (M/n).

He still tried to shake off the embarrassment that overcame him earlier. How could he not notice he was right in front of the place he had been looking for? It was purely coincidental.