Chapter 1: My Life

Most characters belong to the talented Veronica Roth. 🎀

❤️
-------------------------------------

Chloe's POV:

I woke up at 6:30 am and reached over to turn off my alarm clock. That was the time I had to get up to start getting ready for school at.

I got out of bed and went straight to my closet. Being in Erudite, I'm only allowed to wear blue so blue clothes take up my full closet. I chose a blue blazer jacket with a matching blue skirt and some black flats.

Once I was all changed, I brushed my long blonde hair out. When I looked in the mirror, I reazlised how much I looked like my mom. I really did get all my features from her.

Same golden blonde hair. Same crystal blue eyes. Same straight nose and same small lips. I really wish I didn't look so much like her.

After brushing my hair, I applyed some basic makeup. Just some mascara and lip gloss.

I walked downstairs after I was finished getting ready. My mom greeted me as I entered the room.

"Morning sweetie." she says

"Morning" I say

"Are you ready for school?" she asks

"Yea" I reply

"Want me to drive you?" she asks

"Umm... no thats okay. I'll walk." I tell her

"No no. I'll drive you." she says

"Ok thanks." I say

"Anytime!" she says very enthusiastically

She picks up the keys and leads me towards the door.

Once were outside, my mom gets into the driver's seat and I get into the passengers seat.

She starts the car and we back out of the driveway.

We start driving onto the highway.

"Mom can I ask you something?" I say

"Of course. Is something wrong?" she asks

"What happens if my aptitude test doesn't work." I ask

My aptitude test was tomorrow.It's where 16 year olds take a test to determine which faction they should belong to. The day after was the choosing ceremony where the 16 year olds choose the faction that they will be devoted to forever by spilling a drop of their blood onto a symbolic item.

Earth for Amity. Gray stones for Abnegation. Glass for Candor. Lit coals for Dauntless. Water for Erudite.

"Don't stress about it sweetie. There's no way your results should come out as Divergent." she says

A divergent was someone who posesses more than one faction so they don't fit into a specific faction.

My mom hated Divergents. She thought since they weren't pure, that they were ruining the faction system and distroying the peace of the city.

"Just don't stress about it!" she says

"Okay. Thanks for the drive mom." I say

"Anytime. Have a great day at school." she says

"Thanks. Bye." I say

"Bye." she replys

AFTER SCHOOL...

I walked home after school was done. My mother was still at work because since she was the leader of our faction, she was always working.

Once I got home, I decided to read until my mom got home.

5 hours later...

"Chloe, I'm home." my mother says

"Oh hey mom." I say

"Chloe, how long have you been reading for?" she asks

I look over at the clock.

"About 5 hours or so." I reply

I made myself some dinner because I was the only one home.

"You need to get some rest so you do well in your aptitude test tomorrow." she says

My mother wouldn't tell me what the aptitiude test was like. She said I needed to experience it for myself. I was feeling kind of nervous becuase we couldn't exactly prepare for it.

"Ok. Goodnight mom." I say

"Good night Chlo. Hope you sleep well." she says

I went upstairs and changed into my blue pyjamas. Then I crawled into bed and went to sleep.