Chapter 2: The Aptitude Test

"Chloe. It's time to start getting ready for your aptitude test." my mom says

"Ok." I say

"I'll help you get ready." she says

"Thanks." I answer

I don't get how my mom is so nice to me at home but so cruel out in public.

My mom went to my closet and picked out my new blue jacket and blue skirt with black heels.

After I was changed, my mom started to brush my hair out. I couldn't look in the mirror because I hated the fact that I looked so much like her.

Everybody thought that since Jeanine Matthews, Erudite leader was cruel and cunning that Jeanine Matthews, mother was like that too. She was never cruel towards me. She just wanted to make sure that the city was kept safe but she has very evil ways of doing that.

I've gotten teased before because of how much I look like my mother, but let me tell you, I'd give anything not to be her exact figure in smaller form.

"Done" my mom says as she finishes pinning my hair into a bun.

"Well it's about time to go." she says

I get off the stool and slowly follow her downstairs and out to the car.

As usual she gets in the drivers seat and I get into the passengers seat.
We start driving and for most of the ride is quite.

Once we pull up, I get out of the car.

"Bye Chloe. Do great. I'll pick you up after you're test." she says softly

"Okay. Bye" I respond

I get into line with all the other 16 year olds from Erudite.

As I enter the room, I head to the Erudite section of the room.

Slowly each member of the factions are called in alphabetical order.

"Chloe Matthews" an erudite man says along with 4 other 16 year olds. One from Abnegation, one from Candor, two from dauntless and me.

I slowly get out of my seat and walk into the room. I see a young women clothed in Dauntless atire.

"Hi I'm Tori. I'll be administrating you're test. Have a seat" she says

I take my seat in the dentist like chair.

"You'll be tested for each faction until you get a result for one of the factions." shes said

She hands me a little cup with clear liquid in it.

I take a sip and everything goes black.

I wake up in a room full of mirrors. I slowly get out of the chair. I walk around looking at my reflection in the mirror.

Suddenly, I hear a voice. I turn around. A young women stands between two tables. One table holding a block of cheese and the other table holding a sharp knife.

"Choose"she says

"What?" I ask

"Just choose. Before it's too late."

"Why?" I ask

Suddenly the objects dissapear and I am faced infront of a dog.

It starts to growl so I can tell that it's vicious. I start to back up. I then see a little girl.

"Puppy." she says

The dog starts to run after the little girl. I tried to get up but the dog was too fast and jumped on top of the little girl.

Then I woke up.

"Congratulations. You did really well." says Tori

"What was my result?" I ask

"It was Erudite." Tori says

"Thanks for doing my test. I really appreciate it." I say

Erudite teach their children to be polite and punctual.

"You're welcome." she says

After I left the room, I went to wait outside for my mom to pick me up

When her car pulled up, I got in. My mom had her driver pick me up. He opened the door for me. Then we left and headed home.

'"So how was it?" she asked

"It was good." I say

"That's good." she says

The rest of the car ride was silent. Once I got home, I went up to my room and shut the door.

I decided to have a little nap because it was only 2pm.

"Chlo. It's time for dinner." my mom yelled

We were seated at the table and I started eating my food.

There was some salad, chicken, mashed potatoes and fizzy drinks. My mother prepared all my favourite foods.

"So, what was your test result?" asked my mother

"Erudite." I reply

My mother obviously loved that news. She was born into Erudite and chose stay. She became the faction leader based on her IQ score. It was the highest that had ever been tested.

"That's great. Are you happy with your result?" she asks

"Ya." I said quietly

"I'm very proud of you." she says

"Thanks." I say

After dinner, I help clean up.

"Well I'm tired now. I'm going to bed." I say

"Okay sweetie. Goodnight."

"Night." I reply

Once I was in my room I changed into my pyjamas and got into bed.

I thought about which faction I should choose.

I got Erudite for my test but I had to think about what would be the best for my future.

My mother entered my room. She walked over and sat on my bed. She motioned for me to sit next to her. Once I moved beside her, she rubbed my back and comforted me.

"Chloe, I want you to choose who you truly are and where you truly belong. If you don't choose Erudite, I won't be mad. As long as its the choice that you think is right." she says

"I know mom." I say

"She embraces me in a hug and kisses me on the forehead before leaving.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep a couple minutes after.