Chapter 28: Miserey

RECAP:

"I just got offered a job and all you care about is yourself and what you want." he says walking away

What just happened?

I wasn't trying to put it like that. He got the wrong idea and now we probably hates me. I walk away from the cafeteria and outside to the park. I sit down by myself and let out my tears. I couldn't go home now. I walked back in to the compound and made sure I didn't have an tears on my face. I continued working for the rest of the day until it was time to go home. When I went to meet my mom at the end of the day, I saw she was with someone. I walked towards her and saw Caleb standing beside her when he turned around. As soon as I saw him, I immediately walked towards the doors and went outside. I saw the driver outside and he came around and opened the door for me. I got in and put on my seatbelt. Just then, my mom and Caleb came outside. Caleb and my mom got into to the car and we drove off.

Why was he here.

I turned my head so I wasn't facing him. We were both in the back and my mom was in the front. Once we got to the house. The driver came around and opened the door for us. My mom unlocked the door to the house and we all walked inside. I immediately walked up to my room and slammed the door. I wanted nothing to do with him. I heard a knock on my door and I remained on my bed. My mom walked through the door and closed it behind her. She came and sat beside me on the bed.

"What's wrong?" she asked me

"Why is he here?" I ask her

"I'm discussing work matters with him." she says

I remain my vision at one spot.

"Aren't you happy he's here?" she asks

" No." I say

"I thought you guys were in a relationship." she says

"Not anymore." I say

"Well I have to go prepare dinner now. I'll talk to you about it after. Come down for dinner when you're ready." she says

She kisses me on the head and then gets up and leaves the room. I didn't want to be here so I got up and left my room. I walked down the stairs and saw Caleb and my mom sitting on the couch together. I walked past them and went outside. I decided to go on a walk by myself. I walked around the whole neighbourhood. When I got back from my walk, I went inside and saw Caleb and my mom still talking. I went straight upstairs and got ready for bed. I wasn't hungry so I skipped dinner and it was getting late so I got ready for bed. I turned off the lights and slipped into bed.