Chapter 12: Interrogation

When I wake up, I'm not in my room. I'm in a giant room with monitors hooked up to my head and screens all around the room. I lay on an uncomfortable table.

I look around and see my mother with other members of Erudite. She has an unpleasent look on her face. She looks at the monitor screens and presses buttons on the keyboard.

All of a sudden I get a big headache and the monitors start to beep. The scans are then printed out and posted on the screens.

Once everythings done, I get up and slide off the table. Many Dauntless guards come and take me to another room. Once we get there, a guard opens the door. Its a room I have never seen before. Theres two chairs and a desk in the middle. One chair is normal while the other has cuffs attached to hold down someone. The guards put me in the cuffed chair and snap the cuffs shut. Two guards stand behind me while the others leave. Seconds after my mother enters the room. She holds a briefcase and walks towards the table. She sits down and places the briefcase on the table.

She has a nasty look on her face. She may be my mother but she is capable of a lot of things.

"Chloe." she says

"Jeanine." I repeat back in a mocked tone

"Your behavior has been terrible lately." she says

"Well so have you." I talk back

"Don't talk back." she scolds

I sit there quietly with nothing to say.

"What's gotten into you?" she asks

I don't answer her.

"Chloe Matthews, answer me now or so help me." she says

I look up at her and she has a mad glare.

"How did you know?" I ask

"I have my ways." she replies

"What the hell is your problem?" I ask

"Chloe Ava Matthews, do not speak to your mother that way." she says while raising her voice

I can sense the anger in her. She has never been like that before.

I refuse to answer anymore questions.

"Take her to the testing room." she says

The Dauntless unclip the cuffs and pick me up. For a second they aren't holding me, I charge at my mother and jump on top of her. I choke her and she is now laying on the ground. The guards pry me off of her and she gets up gasping for air. She fixes her jacket and follows us to the testing room.

Once we get there, I see a chair with cuffs attached. I am placed in the chair and the guard snap the cuffs shut.

My mother walks up and attaches some microchips to the side of my forehead. She walks away and goes and stands behind the monitors.

She presses a button and the micro chips start to beep. I don't know what going to happen to me or whats going on but my head starts pounding and all I can remember is the world going black.