Chapter 10: Injection

I woke up and looked over at the clock. It was 7:30 so I decided to go back to bed.

The door opened, my mother walked in and sat on my bed.

"Chloe." she says

I curl into a ball and dig my face into the pillow.

"It's time to get up." she says

I roll out of bed and stand up to face my mother.

"How did you sleep?" she asks

"Alright." I say still half asleep

My mother walked towards my closet and opened the doors. She picked out my clothes, blue of course.

"I wish I could wear something besides blue clothes." I say

"I know it may get boring but we have to follow the rules." my mother says

I stared at the blue clothes layed out on my bed.

My mother came and embraced me in a hug.

"I know its hard to serve the faction but its the only way our society can maintain peace." she says

I take my clothes and change into them in the bathroom. Once I come out, my mother chooses shoes for me. She hands me a pair of black heels. I put them on and look at my apperance in the mirror. Having to wear proper clothes everyday. People only see me as Jeanine Matthews daughter and nothing else.

A tear escapes my eye but I don't let my mother see. I quickly wipe away my tear and turn to face my mother.

She smiles and leads me towards the door. I walk down the stairs and into the living room. My mother calls for the driver and 5 minutes later, he arrives.

My mother gets into the passengers seat in the front and I get into the back.

Once we get to the compound, my mother and I walk in. I follow my mother to the mixing rooms. We are greeted by some scientists.

"Good morning Jeanine." the scientist says

"Good morning." she replies

Everyone dressed in blue, all fasinated by science. Always looking to increase their knowledge. They see my mother as a teacher. They all look up to her.

I continue staring at the work of everybody until my mother guides me towards the science counter.

"The serum is ready to be tested." the man says

"Perfect." my mother says

I daze off and close my eyes.

All of a sudden, my mother taps me on the shoulder, waking me up.

"I just need to discuss something with someone." she says

"Okay." I say

"I'll be right back." she says

I close my eyes and daze off again.

Jeanine's POV:

"The serum is ready to be tested." he says

"Perfect!"

"Who shall we test it on?" he asks

"My daughter has been acting very weird lately. Perhaps she knows something."

"Shall we test it on your daughter?" he asks

"Yes, but my daughter won't let anyone inject her unless she knows what will happen.

"Is there a way we can inject her without her knowing." he asks

"The only possibility is in her sleep."

"Perfect." he says

"So its settled. I will inject my daughter tonight. She will never know."

Chloe's POV:

My mother has been gone for quite some time. She enters the room, with the Erudite man following her.

"All ready to go?" she asks

I nod and get up off the chair.

"Well goodbye." the man says

"Goodbye." my mother says

I follow her outside to the car.

We drive back home and my mother goes to prepare dinner.

Once dinners ready we sit at the table and eat.

After I'm done, I excuse myself and go up to my room.

I sit at my desk and go on my laptop. I start video chatting with my friend.

After about an hour of video chatting, I get ready for bed and climb in. I slowly fall asleep.

About two hours later, I hear the door creak open. I open my eyes slightly to reveal my mother. She is carrying a box with her. She sets it on the table and takes out a syringe full of the aqua coloured serum that I was mixing before. She approaches my bed and gently touches my head. She uses one hand to hold my head still and the other to inject the needle into my neck. She presses on the syringe and I can feel the liquid being injected into my body. After she's done, she kisses me on the forehead and leaves.

I start to freak out once she leaves. What did my mother inject into me. And what will it do to me. I burry my face into my pillow and start crying. I don't want to be an Erudite anymore. I can't stay here anymore. After about 30 minutes of crying, I feel so tired I just fall asleep.