Getting to know you :3

"I.. it sounds like a good idea.." Shuichi nodded anxiously in reply but soon noticed that the smaller boy wasn't standing next to him anymore. He turned his phone on, illuminating the room enough to see Kokichi unpacking something else. "What's that?"

Kokichi looked up from what he was unwrapping, "I'm unpacking a mini-fridge."

Shuichi slowly started to make his way across the room, again using his phone as a torch, eventually kneeling down opposite to Kokichi.

"A mini-fridge? Seriously, a mini-fridge and a microwave?" Shuichi whispered back, kneeling opposite Kokichi, "You really are prepared."

Kokichi nodded then finally managed to get the mini-fridge plugged into a plug socket on the wall where it started whirring quietly. Shuichi got the pizzas out of the bag, "Would you want to eat it now?"

"It's up to you! You hungry? It is kind of late already."

"I.. I'm not particularly tired, to be honest, I'm a little bit of an insomniac."

"Insomniac? Is that the thing where you can't sleep?"

"It's a bit more complicated than that but basically, yes." Shuichi nodded awkwardly, watching the other boys weirdly neutral reaction.

"Sooooo, pizza?" Kokichi shrugged, taking the pizza out of the plastic and attempting to shove it all into microwave. When the entire thing didn't fit, he took out the pizza before folding it in half and shoving it back in and forcing the door shut.

"That's not very safe.."

"It probably won't explode. All the times I've done this, it's only exploded twice."

Shuichi's eyes widened, "How many times have you done this?"

"Two and a half."

Shuichi spend the next 9 minutes staring at the pizza whizz round and round in the microwave, flinching at every noise and slight crack. As soon as the beep went off, he opened the door letting the folded over pizza sizzle gently.

Shuichi reached forward, trying to grab the pizza from the microwave, but, as the light from the microwave was now off along with the light on his phone, it was pitch black.

"I just put my hand on something... but I don't think it's the pizza."

"Yeah, I know."

"What do you mean, 'you know'?" Shuichi whispered back, slightly confused.

"Well.. uhh, your hand is kind of on my-"

Shuichi instantly lifted his hand up, his face burning. "Ah, I'm sorry! So sorry!"

Kokichi took the pizza from the microwave and tore it in half, handing the other half to Shuichi. "And don't apologise, especially with you going to 2nd bass with me, tonight was pretty fun after all!~"

~~

Shuichi knew he had to get changed but he was instead lying still on his bed contemplating what had just happened. In reality, he hadn't made the best first impression but he'd probably clear it up in the morning.

Shuichi turned to face the wall, he always overthink'd things, Kokichi seemed okay with what had happened, he even flirted slightly.. but he seemed like the type who flirted with everyone.

He quickly changed into a baggy t-shirt and shorts, putting the rest of his clothes to the side of his bed, near the shelf.

He could hear the mini-fridge whirring in the background and Kaito's gentle snoring. He tried to get to sleep but he was stressing about too many things.

Eventually, Shuichi felt his eyes open to daylight. He must of fallen asleep.

He quickly got up, trying not to bang his head on the ceiling, and climbed down the ladder. From a quick look around the room, he could see that Kaito and Kokichi were still asleep but Amami was up and changed, reading again. Shuichi picked up some clothes then headed into the bathroom to get changed.

Kokichi stirred in his bed then blinked his eyes, trying to wake up. He got up out of his bunk then stretched, trying to wake himself up. He subtly looked up at Shuichi's bed, seeing if he was still asleep but he wasn't there. "Huh."

"He's in the bathroom." Rantaro said emotionlessly.

Kokichi instantly looked over at Rantaro with slight surprise. "Don't do that, scared the crap outta me! Nishishi, that was a lie!"

Rantaro rolled his eyes before returning to his book.

Kokichi looked under his bed and brought out some clothes. He took his shirt off and and quickly put on a white, smart-ish, t-shirt. Shuichi walked out of the bathroom fully changed and awkwardly smiled at Kokichi who went in after him to finish changing.

Shuichi climbed back onto his bunk and took his phone off charge. As usual, when he turned the phone on there were no texts but around 5 million pings from YouTube.

When he climbed back down, he saw Kokichi come out of the bathroom changed into reasonably smart clothes. He was wearing a white t-shirt, black jeans and a black and white checkered scarf wrapped around his neck.

"Hey, my eyes are up here."

Shuichi instantly flushed, "No! That's not wha-"

"I know, I've just always wanted to say that to someone." Kokichi replied, laughing.

Shuichi rolled his eyes then went over to his bed and pulled out his class timetable to see when his first lecture would be. He read down the page and saw that he had his first lecture in around two hours so he had a bit of time.

"What you doing?" Kokichi asked, looking up at Shuichi.

"Huh? Me? Oh I'm seeing my timetable for today."

"I've checked mine already, my first class is in two hours! It's going to be so boring waiting and then all you get is a boring as fuck lecture." Kokichi moaned back.

Shuichi looked down from his bed, "Two hours? Mine's in two hours. I have Professor Kinoshita?"

Kokichi got his own timetable out and checked it, "Oh. We're in the same class.."

"Ha, you seem disappointed." Shuichi joked, hinting at Kokichi's tone.

"Disappointed?! I'm not disappointed! It's great!" Kokichi said, standing up and turning to face Shuichi dramatically, "It's great having you in my class! You're perfect!" Kokichi instantly cut himself off.

Shuichi had a slightly shocked expression on his face then awkwardly replied, "Me? Umm?"
"Yeah! A hot guy to study with, total eye candy!~" Kokichi started before cutting himself off.

Shuichi never was any good dealing with awkward situations so he instead, quite obviously, changed the subject. "I should probably wake Kaito up.."

"Yeah, you should." Kokichi replied, taking a deep breath. Rantaro glanced up from his book, curious about what was going on. From a look around the room, he could tell easily.

Shuichi started to walk towards Kaito but he could only focus on one thing. One thing that Kokichi said. He said that Shuichi was perfect. He knew it wasn't true, nobody's perfect but hearing those words... it send his heart racing.