We need to steal a car.

After a few deep breaths, Kaito picked the phone back up to his ear. "Yes, I understand.. I'll come straight away."

Kaito hung up the phone then put it down with shaking hands.

"What's going on?" Kokichi asked curiously, "Is it something bad? You seem pretty shaken up."

Kaito didn't answer.

Rantaro got up out of bed and stood next to Kaito. "Are you alright?"

Kaito clenched his fists, "I need to go to the hospital."

"Hospital, why?" Kokichi asked innocently.

"S-Shuichi.. was hit by a car.." Kaito bravely said, not loosing control.

Kokichi's face drained of all colour. "He.. he.. he.. he wha..." Kokichi started to hyperventilate.

Rantaro immediately ran over to him. "Take a deep breath Ouma, you need to calm down."

Kokichi took a deep breath and eventually slowed his breathing down. "What are we waiting for!" Kokichi said, starting to raise his voice, "WE NEED TO GO RIGHT NOW!"

"I know but we haven't got a car." Kaito sighed, "It's going to take ages to get there."

Rantaro's face suddenly lit up, "Saihara has a car though."

Kokichi turned to Rantaro and immediatly knew what he was suggesting.

"We can't steal his car!" Kaito exclaimed.

"We need to get to him, I have a drivers license.. I don't see why not." Rantaro insisted.

Kaito eventually gave in, "Fine. I know where his keys are.. let's go."

30 minutes later..

"We're nearly there." Rantaro stated, his eyes fixed on the road.

Kokichi was desperately fidgeting in the back of the car. "Shuichi... could die..what if he's already dead?!"

A few minutes later, the car pulled into a car park and stopped. "We're here."

The three of them got out of the car and started making their way into the hospital. Kokichi didn't know what to expect. A few broken bones? A life-threatening condition? He hoped it was nothing like that but he knew it was serious.

Kaito made his way up to the main desk, "Hi, I'm looking for Shuichi Saihara."

The receptionist nodded, typed into the computer then gave an answer, "You go left, follow the corridor straight on then go right and follow that one down. Turn right and it's room 11."

"Thanks."

Kaito returned to the group and followed the receptionist's instructions. It wasn't long before they were all standing outside the room, hearts pounding.

"Kaito!" A voice from the distance called out.

Kaito turned to see Shuichi's mother walking sadly towards him. "Have you seen him yet?"

"No, I haven't."

Kokichi and Rantaro were awkwardly standing behind Kaito, not sure what to do. Shuichi's mother managed to see them, "Who are they?"

"Amami and Ouma, they're close friends of Shuichi."

Shuichi's mother looked happy, "It's good that he's making friends. Go in, see him.. he's not awake right now but hopefully he'll wake up soon."

His mother's voice was shaky and her eyes were brimmed with tears but she kept herself composed nethertheless.

She then slowly walked past the group and down the hallway.