The real Rantaro Amami

Shuichi laid back down in his bed, his heart racing thinking about the deal he had made with Rantaro.. was that the real Rantaro Amami? A person who would do anything to get what they want? 

He just needed to get to sleep and work it out tomorrow. 

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Kokichi woke up to the sound of his phone pinging. 

He picked it up then checked the time. 8:41am. As expected, the message he had received was from Shuichi. 

Shuichi: You awake?

Kokichi is typing...

Kokichi: Mm hmm 

Shuichi: I need to talk to you. Outside the dorm building in 10 minutes? 

Kokichi: Sounds bad. I'm there. 

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

10 minutes later..

Shuichi was waiting at the agreed place, slightly paranoid of who could see him creepily standing against the wall. He repeatably started tapping his foot against the floor anxiously waiting for his small, purple haired boyfriend to come down the stairs. 

It wasn't until 15 minutes later that Kokichi finally managed to meet Shuichi at the bottom of the stairs. "Hi."

Shuichi looked down at his boyfriend with a slightly annoyed face which made Kokichi's original excited expression turn to a more anxious one. "I know I'm a bit late but I had to make up an excuse to get out of there." 

Shuichi looked at the time, "You're 17 minutes late.." 

"Let's not get into the details..." 

Shuichi sighed. "I need to talk to you.. let's walk somewhere.." Shuichi then opened the door and stepped outside swiftly followed by Kokichi. The two of them walked in silence until Shuichi stopped at the same park they had made out in the previous night. 

The two of the sat down at a park bench, Kokichi waiting for Shuichi to tell him what he wanted to tell him. "So, what is it?" 

Shuichi sighed, readying himself for Kokichi's reaction. "Amami has told me that if I don't set him up with Akamatsu then he's going to tell everyone about us.." 

Kokichi's eyes farted open due to the shock of what Shuichi had just told him.. "I have so many questions. 1) Amami knows about us?" 

"I don't think he knows for sure but if he tells everyone then I think everyone will believe him.. people already know that we like each other anyway.. so us dating wouldn't be completely unbelievable to them.." 

"2) Who's Akamatsu?" Kokichi thought this was an innocent question but by the look on Shuichi's face.. it wasn't. He looked unnerved and anxious..  "Akamatsu.. She.. uh.." Shuichi paused for a moment, "long story short, she was my girlfriend." 

Kokichi tried to restrain himself from laughing. It was funny that Shuichi had had a girlfriend.. but he knew he couldn't laugh because it was obvious that he was worried about the situation. "I want to ask but I'm not going to.. what did you say?" 

"..I said I would talk to her. I didn't know if there was any other way.." Shuichi put his head in his hands, "I really don't want to speak to her.. Kaito thinks that she might still like me.." 

Kokichi was alarmed by the last sentence Shuichi had said.. and his face showed it. "What?.. she still likes you?.. she knows you're gay. Right?" 

Shuichi nodded in reply. 

"Is that a yes to the first question or the second?" 

"Both." 

Kokichi shifted awkwardly. This Kaede girl sounded slightly obsessive but she couldn't be that bad.. surely she was okay really.. "Just text her, you want me to be there when you two meet?" 

"That would be really nice, thank you." Shuichi smiled in reply, "I just hope that it goes okay." 

Shuichi picked up his phone and started to scroll through down his contacts. After a few minutes, he stopped at 'Kaede Akamatsu' and started to type out a text. 

Shuichi: Akamatsu, I want to talk to you about one of my roommates. His name is Rantaro Amami and he's a really nice guy. When are you free to talk? 

"I sent it." 

Kokichi smiled at Shuichi gently, holding his hand supportively. "It'll be fine.. what classes do we have today?" 

"We've got one in the morning and another in the afternoon. It's a busy day of lessons." Kokichi smiled, looking at the timetable on his phone, "First one starts in an hour." 

Shuichi got up from the bench and took Kokichi by the hand. He turned to face Shuichi awkwardly, wondering what was going on with him. Shuichi pulled Kokichi up from the bench and hugged him tightly. "Thank you." 

"F-For what?" 

"Just being you." 

The nice moment was ruined when a random guy from across the park shouted, "HA! GAYYYY!" Shuichi broke off the hug and stared at him. Kokichi looked up at Shuichi them at the guy he was staring at. Kokichi knew what he had to do. He smiled then turned back at the guy who had heckled at them. "YEAH! I KNOW IT IS!" then continued to kiss Shuichi. 

When they broke off the kiss, Kokichi just stared at the guy who was looking at them with a shocked expression on his face. He looked at them for a moment before awkwardly walking away out of view. 

"That was unexpec—" Shuichi was cut off by his phone dinging.  

Kaede: Yes of course Shuichi!  How about 2pm today? At The Hope cafe?

Shuichi texted back. 

Shuichi: I've got double classes today. Same place and time tomorrow? 

Kaede: I'm looking forward to it! 

Shuichi put his phone back in his pocket. "2pm tomorrow at The Hope Cafe... let's just get to class a bit early today.."

Kokichi nodded, slightly concerned at Shuichi's reluctance to meet with Kaede.. nothing would go wrong. Right?