Are we really having a chase scene?

Happy Valentine's Day. (I don't really celebrate it..) I'm not in a relationship if you couldn't of guessed, 😱 shocking right?! Have a great day people who celebrate the holiday and enjoy the chapter! 

It was almost like everything was going in slow motion.

As soon as Kaito reached the end of the countdown, Shuichi and Kokichi started making their way down the pocky stick. They kept looking down at the stick, trying to avoid eye contact.

The whole event must of lasted for only a few seconds but it felt like a whole lifetime to the pair of them.

The moment they looked at each other was the moment their lips touched for the first time.

Shuichi's eyes opened wide with shock and so did Kokichi's.

Shuichi didn't know whether to kiss him properly or not, he had no idea what to do next. He knew that both Kaito and Rantaro were watching and didn't really want them to see his first real kiss with Kokichi.

Kokichi was also panicking. He did like Shuichi in that way but he had no idea if Shuichi liked him back. He had been in a few prior relationships but it was never anything serious. He did want to be in a serious relationship.. with him.

Suddenly, the pocky stick snapped in half and their lips were forced to separate.

They pulled away slowly, not taking their eyes off one another's.

After a while they stopped looking at one another and slowly looked around the room at Rantaro and Kaito.

Both Rantaro and Kaito were staring at the pair of them with slight surprise on their faces. "O-okay.. Who's next?"

Rantaro spoke up, "Well, since it was a draw.. maybe me and Saihara?"

Kokichi took a deep breath, "I-I'm.. I'm just going to get some air.." Then walked out of the room, seeming to be in quite a bit of a hurry.

Shuichi instantly got up and turned to face the door but Kaito grabbed his arm. "Hey Shuichi, where are you going?"

"I-I don't know.." Shuichi stuttered before he headed towards the door and headed outside as quickly as he could.

He swiftly looked around but he couldn't give up now. He knew what he wanted. He wanted Kokichi, he didn't want to give up now. He just couldn't give up now.

"If I was Kokichi where would I go?"  Shuichi thought for a moment before having an idea.

He started to head up the stairs towards the roof, not really thinking through what he would do if he really did find Kokichi. The roof was an amazing place to go, to take a deep breath and look up at the stars so Kokichi might of gone up there for some space. 

When he eventually opened the door to the roof, he noticed a small figure standing in the distance near to the railings. He took a deep breath then started to slowly walk towards the figure.

As soon as he walked out from underneath the sheltered area, he felt rain falling on his head, dripping down onto his face but he kept walking.

When he eventually reached Kokichi, he gently put his hand on his shoulder causing Kokichi to jump slightly. Kokichi turned around and sighed, "Why are you here?"

"I'm here because you practically ran away." Shuichi joked.

Kokichi's expression turned to a more bitter one. "I didn't run away Shuichi. I told you, I had to get some air."

"That pissed him off.." Shuichi sighed to himself.

They just looked at each other full of emotion, the rain coating their clothes and faces

"I just wanted to see whether you're okay." Shuichi continued, trying not to cry, making Kokichi clench his fists.

"Okay? You wanted to see if I'm okay?!" Kokichi replied back with gritted teeth.

Shuichi slowly started to retreat back as Kokichi walked closer to him.

"How can I be okay when you're not with me?!" Kokichi shouted, his eyes tearing up.

Shuichi's face turned bright red but Kokichi didn't stop talking. "I don't want you playing that fucking, stupid pocky game, kissing other people... I want... I want.."

"...I want you." Kokichi exclaimed, tears about to fall from his eyes, "I just want you.."

Shuichi was too taken back to say anything. Kokichi had just confessed his feelings to him...

"But you probably don't want that.." Kokichi sighed, looking down at the floor.

Shuichi  held Kokichi's head in his hands bringing them closer together. "I..."

"I..." Shuichi choked anxiously, unable to say it.

Kokichi sighed sadly to himself, slightly disappointed that Shuichi couldn't say it. Shuichi sighed and let go of Kokichi's face then moved away from him, leaving some distance between the pair. 

Kokichi just couldn't leave it like this. He had to know. He grabbed Shuichi back towards him, "Huh? What ar—" Shuichi tried to say but was cut off by Kokichi dragging his face up to Shuichi's and kissing him. Shuichi felt himself kissing back gently.

As soon as Shuichi pulled away he realised what he had just done. They had kissed. 

"I..." Shuichi stuttered.

Kokichi looked back at him, confused.

Shuichi awkwardly ran away from Kokichi back inside.

"What the hell was that?" Kokichi mumbled sadly under his breath.