And the awkward questions start..

(AHH! Sorry for forgetting to update this! I tried to update it late on Wednesday but the wattpad server has been down and now is the only time it's actually working! It's going to be every Wednesday still :) sorry for the late update)

Shuichi stirred awkwardly. "Ah, uhh no.."

"You like anyone?" His mother continued to question.

Shuichi blushed, surprised that his mother was even asking a question like that, "Uhh.."

"Sorry, I guess I shouldn't be asking you stuff like that." His mother sighed, "especially after what I've done.."

Shuichi produced a forced smile.

"Well I'll leave you, get some sleep." His mother said gently before walking out of the room.

Shuichi looked around the room and waited for the door to close before taking a big sigh of relief. He had finally done it.

He slowly reached his arm out of his bed to reach his phone but he suddenly realised that it had a cast on it (for a broken bone). He took a while just staring at it, he didn't know how he didn't notice before.

Shuichi took a deep breath and wiped away his bed covers.

His eyes instantly widened. His leg was also clearly broken but had been supported by a cast, similar to the one on his arm. He didn't make a sound. He was too shocked to say anything.

He slowly began to reach out to examine his foot but was stopped by a stabbing pain near his chest. He instantly grabbed his side and lifted up his hospital shirt to see white bandages which were wrapped around him.

He hadn't really taken in how close he was to death until he saw his countless bandages and casts.

A nurse suddenly hurried into the room, "I should of been here sooner, sorry about that."

Shuichi slowly clawed himself upright, "Hi."

"Let me just look at your chart.." The nurse smiled. She picked up the chart and read through it swiftly. "Right, okay then.. can you tell me your name?"

"Shuichi Saihara.." Shuichi replied anxiously.

"Yep, and your mothers name?"

"Asuami Saihara" Shuichi replied once again.

"And do you know how old you are and when your birthday is?" The nurse continued. 

"I'm eighteen and September 7th." 

"Right again, with such quick answers like that, I'm sure you're okay." The nurse smiled.

She took the chart down off the wall then pulled up a chair and sat down next to Shuichi. "So, take your time.. but can you tell me how much you remember about the accident?"

Shuichi took a deep breath then closed his eyes, trying to remember. When he closed his eyes, the first thing he remembered was him running away from Kokichi straight after they kissed.. he had ran straight to his dorm, picked up his stuff and left without a second thought.

He remembered running along one of the streets, his eyes filled with tears, not really noticing where he was going. He remembered running across one of the busy streets and then, when the car hit.

He took another deep breath then opened his eyes. "I was running and I couldn't really see since it was raining but I ran out into the road and then.. it must have hit me."

The nurse wrote something down then smiled. "One more thing.. do you remember how fast the car was going?"

"I.. uh.. pretty fast.. maybe 40, 50mph.." Shuichi stuttered, "I don't really know.."