Just friends. Well.. about that..

Shuichi was standing outside his dorm room with his hand on the door handle. He took a deep breath, twisted the door handle and stepped inside.

There were more people there than he thought.. it looked like Kaito, Rantaro and Kokichi had invited people round to celebrate him coming home from the hospital. They all shouted out at him and started clapping, "Welcome back!"

Shuichi awkwardly smiled back at all of the cheering faces, trying to see Kokichi through the crowd of people but he couldn't see him, "Ah.. yeah, it's good to be back."

Shuichi waded awkwardly through everyone.. he was surprised that this amount of people could even fit in their dorm. He looked around at everyone, smiling anxiously at all of them but there was no Kokichi in sight.

"Where is he?"

He felt a hand tap his shoulder and he turned around, "Oh."

"Hey Shuichi.. how are you feeling?"

Shuichi didn't know what to say.

"I overheard Kaito talking about the surprise and I wanted to come and see how you were, I know we haven't talked in a while but we are friends.."

"I should go, nice seeing you Kaede." Shuichi replied, trying to get out of the situation.

Shuichi started to walk away but he could hear Kaede call out after him, "Nice seeing you to!"

He looked around the room and spied Kaito who he darted over to. Kaito looked at him confidently at first but as he saw Shuichi's slightly annoyed face, his expression turned into a more concerned one, "What's wrong?"

Shuichi put his hand against his face and sighed. "Kaede is here."

Kaito took a automatic laugh of suprise, making Shuichi scowl. "Why are you laughing? This isn't funny." Kaito held one of his hands up in front of his mouth to hide his smile, "I wasn't laughing."

Shuichi crossed his arms, "Why is she even here?"

Kaito took a moment to think to himself, "Is she angry at you for the break-up or something? I thought you two left it on good terms?"

"I thought we did to." Shuichi shook his head, "Maybe we didn't."

"When was the last time you two spoke?" Kaito asked, lowering his hand down from his face.

Shuichi uncrossed his arms, "Maybe 5 or 6 months ago? She seemed friendly when we talked back then."

Kaito suddenly had an idea, "This could be completely wrong but what if she still likes ya?"

Shuichi looked up at him curiously, "What do you mean?"

"Maybe she still likes you and wants to see if she has a chance?" Kaito smirked.

"Kaito, a few problems with that, I'm gay for one and for another I'm—" Shuichi stopped himself before he could finish the sentence.

Kaito looked surprised, "You're what?"

Shuichi shook his head, "I didn't say anything. Well, I'm going to go.."

He ran off before Kaito to say another word.

As the time went on, people started to say goodbye and leave. Kaede was among them. There were still quite a few people left so it wasn't over yet. Shuichi was starting to get anxious, he hadn't seen Kokichi for the entire time.

Suddenly, an arm reached out and grabbed him. Shuichi was dragged into a corner where no-one else was standing. "Hey.."

"Where have you been somewhere else this entire time?" Shuichi laughed, looking at the purple-eyed boy.

"I've been walking around."

"I didn't see you."

"I didn't say I was walking around in here."

Shuichi laughed to himself. "Do you want to go somewhere else? I just want to spend time with you.. not these other people."

Kokichi smiled, "I would love to do that, think that we could actually sneak out?"

Shuichi nodded then took Kokichi's hand and started to wade through everyone and head towards the door. People occasionally looked at them but they just acted like everything was normal, made small talk for a while then continued to walk on.

The door was close. This was the make or break moment.

As soon as Shuichi and Kokichi were about to leave the dorm, Shuichi could hear Kaito call his name. He froze for a moment before turning to Kokichi and whispering "Go."

Shuichi opened the door and the pair of them slipped out of the room.

Kaito finally managed to walk to where Shuichi was standing but when he looked around, he wasn't there. "Where did he go?"

Shuichi and Kokichi had ran down the three flights of stairs and were pelting across the campus lawn.

They kept on running for ages before they stopped by a park near to the entrance to the university. It was nighttime so no one was in the park and it was just the two of them.

"I think we got away.."

Kokichi smiled.

The two of them stood in silence for a while before Shuichi decided to say something, "Hey.."

Kokichi lifted his head up, "Huh?"

"It's going to be really hard to hide it from them for two weeks.. I-I don't know if I.. I don't know if I can do it.." Shuichi smiled, a tint of sadness hidden within it. "You just.. mean so much to me.."

"We said a month didn't we? We can make it a month without telling anyone." Kokichi replied, trying to sound supportive, "as soon as we tell them.. they'll gonna ask a lot of questions. Plus, we've only got to pretend when we're around them."

Shuichi nodded.

The sky was beautiful, the stars were out twinkling and shining, the moon was glistening brightly and there were no clouds in the sky. Shuichi made eye contact with Kokichi then went on to kiss him under the perfect night sky.

*DING*

Shuichi chose to ignore his phone.

*DING*

He chose to ignore it again.

*DING!*

"You—want—to—-get—that—?" Kokichi murmered in-between the kisses.

Shuichi temporarily broke away, "No, I'm sure it can wait. Doing this comes first."

Kokichi plastered a smirk onto his face and dragged Shuichi's lips back onto his own. There was something he found exhilarating about secrecy.. maybe it was the fact that someone could find out easily if they weren't careful..

Their lips locked together fiercely and Shuichi had wrapped his arms around Kokichi's neck, keeping him against his lips. Kokichi's hands were running through Shuichi's hair, explori—-

*DING!*

Shuichi broke the off kiss with an extremely annoyed expression and fumbled to find his phone. He turned it on to find all of his messages were from Kaito.

"Where are you, you disappeared or somethin'?"

"Where'd you go?"

"People are askin where you are."

"People have started leaving, where are ya?"

Shuichi huffed to himself before turning his phone onto silent and putting it back into his pocket. Kokichi turned to him still with a slight smirk on his face, "Who was that?"

"It was Kaito, he wanted to know where I went."

Kokichi's face fell slightly, "You have to go back then?"

"I'm not leaving right now. I'll just say I didn't get the message or something." Shuichi explained, causing Kokichi's face to light up once again.

"Now, where were we?"