A Cross-Over Special

Quick note: this falls after the epilogue, before the other special
Warning: contains small spoilers for A Second Chance, Every Second, Mr. Write.

And now Five Years of Fame is available to read on murphnturf account! Enjoy!
***********************************

(For this to really make sense read my other books. Or proceed and discover who the characters are through this, either one 😄)
***********************************

"I blame you for this," Carter said, looking at Donovan.

Donovan tried to look unconcerned, but the corner of his mouth held a slight grimace that spoke of his guilt.

"I didn't think that mentioning to Maddy the fact that I was related to Reeve Keller would have this type of repercussion," he said.

Carter scowled, "Well, it did."

As if to back up her comment, the sound of the crowd doubled as they walked through the stadium's front entrance. Outside a light snow fall had started and wispy snowflakes twirled in the light of downtown D.C.. The sight was peaceful, a vast contrast to the madhouse they had just entered.

The lobby of the stadium was crammed with more people than Carter had ever encountered. The sound of thousands of voices pummeled their ears. The buildings' high ceiling didn't seem big enough to hold the thundering volume. Around them was a range of people Carter figured only an event such as this JingleBall thing could attract.

Contradicting the intense, brooding guys that wore all black were high pitched teenage girls that held massive posters. The names of their favorite bands were scrolled across the signs in big bubble letters. The love seemed to be evenly dispersed as Carter caught flashes of Hey Farewell, Reeve Keller, Wild Wallflowers, Sebastian Colfax and Knox Hamilton.

Someone stumbled into Carter and she shoved them back, relieved to have somewhere to put her annoyance. The bald guy looked back, surprised by the girl who had showed such strength. Donovan tugged on Carter's arm before she could find another outlet for her irritation.

"If you're going to punch someone," Donovan said. "Punch me. I won't press charges."

Carter looked at him. "I will gladly take you up on that offer."

Donovan smiled and gave her a quick kiss, successfully defusing the tension in her body, despite Carter's fight to hold onto it.

"I hate that that works," she said.

He took her hand and led her on. "I know."

He sent her back a smirk and she scowled, though the look held no bite. Maddy bounced ahead of them, the only tether to the ground seeming to be Link's fingers wrapped around hers. She pointed to the huge posters that hung down from the ceiling, announcing the evening's acts, and let out squeals of excitement.

Carter gave Donovan a flat look. "I say I kill her and put her out of her misery."

He shook his head. "Too many witness. It's not tactically the best option right now."

Maddy spun back to them. "Which way?"

Donovan pulled Carter forward and directed the group through the hoard of people. They pushed through groups of girls with shirts all wearing faces of their chosen bands, their images all varying in looks based on the wearer. On the far side of the stadium they came upon two bodyguards in black blocking a set of metal double doors. Their impassive faces were as much as a barrier as their bulk.

"Hi," Donovan said, nodding to them.

They gave no response, their faces unreadable. Donovan pulled out a pass and handed it to the men. One of them inspected it and nodded. He handed it back to Donovan and stepped aside, pushing one door open.